Rugby Union

kiwififer

18 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

could be worse? No idea what Redpath has done to upset them this much though. Must be fun to be the likes of Laing and Hutchinson watching Sione playing 12 as well 

Jonny Gray seems to have upset them now as well. To be honest, I don't really know what it is Townsend is looking for at 12, seems to be someone different each time. If it's Sione, then why does he never play there for Glasgow? He seems to want a physical carrier at 12 again, but if we don't have one that's good enough, then we don't have one that's good enough. I quite like Sione, but he feels to me like a good Glasgow player, not a good Scotland player. Guys like Redpath look like international level players to me.

22 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Can only think he wants more physicality in the centres. Otherwise apart from swapping Brown with Ashman thats probably how I would have gone

I have no idea what Ashman has to do to get a start, he's been excellent every time he has played.

Maybe change his name to Blair?

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have no idea what Ashman has to do to get a start, he's been excellent every time he has played.

Maybe change his name to Blair?

Do you think starting v bench really makes much difference for a front row forward these days? Maybe a bit more kudos in starting, but it's almost identical in terms of importance these days. I think Ashman is pretty good off the bench. 

Anyway, Brown will be off after one of his head first tackles with the first half, so Ashman will play most of the game anyway.

It's a big opportunity for Brown and as GAD says he's probably in there for his aggression in defence as well as being the strongest scrummaging hooker we have. The flipside is penalties, throwing yips and HIAs.

The 12-13 combo is a nightmare and I can see Sione giving away a few penalties as per usual. If he does that stupid kick step then gets jackaled again my telly might be in danger.

The woman's final has been really good so far. England down to 14 since the 17th minute, but winning. NZ starting to turn the screw a bit, and as I write this go ahead for the first time. Real try fest, and good quality play.

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Russell at 10 is clearly the right move.  It also makes bugger all sense. I have no idea what Townsend is playing at.  

I genuinely reckon the thought process is that we're definitely losing and probably getting pumped anyway, giving Russell a start here and losing by 20+ gives him an excuse to clutch at for not having him in the 23 v Argentina.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

The woman's final has been really good so far. England down to 14 since the 17th minute, but winning. NZ starting to turn the screw a bit, and as I write this go ahead for the first time. Real try fest, and good quality play.

Their 30 match streak comes to an end in a World Cup final. You love to see it. 

Only got the time to watch the first half of these games and going for Italy Australia. I know they're still not great but for some reason I like watching this Italian team. Still no Polledri or Minozzi. I wonder if Odogwu going to stade might make them see if they can get him involved. My dream is essentially to see a backline of Minozzi, Capuozzo, Odogwu, Marin, Ioane, Garbisi and Carney. Baws out

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

5 hours ago, GAD said:

That was a sensational game of rugby. Two really good teams who wanted to play.

Absolutely brilliantly refereed by Hollie Davidson as well. She is consistently one of the best in the world regardless of whether it's a men's or women's match

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Their 30 match streak comes to an end in a World Cup final. You love to see it. 

Finally came unstuck when they played against another fully professional team. Quelle surprise