Rugby Union

kiwififer

18 hours ago, Detournement said:

That forward pop pass is something Sexton does on purpose. England tried it a few times yesterday as well.

It makes it a lot easier to come onto the ball at pace.

It's the type of forward pass that the old boys who ref my absolutely dugmeat amateur team on a saturday manage to spot every week as well

17 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It's the type of forward pass that the old boys who ref my absolutely dugmeat amateur team on a saturday manage to spot every week as well

Aye, a guy that refs the entire game from the halfway line can still see that one. It's an incredible miss from the ref/tmo.

11 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Cam Redpath is back in the bath squad for this weekend... 

Maybe we are getting something mental this weekend. Kinghorn at 10, Russell at 12? It's only NZ at home so what better time to experiment?

2 hours ago, ajwffc said:

that actually might work 

It could. What annoys me though is we've had a wee bit of trouble on the 10/12 axis for a while now for me. The one that's tended to work best, for me anyway, is Russel and Sam Johnson, but I feel with Harris in there they are very samey. The other one that's looked best has been Russell and Redpath, but to the best of my knowledgeable it's only happened once, against England. This seemed like a good opportunity to give it a go again, but nah, it'll be something else again, probably Tuipolotu at 12. Or something weird involving Mark Bennett because he's not played yet.

20 minutes ago, GAD said:

It could. What annoys me though is we've had a wee bit of trouble on the 10/12 axis for a while now for me. The one that's tended to work best, for me anyway, is Russel and Sam Johnson, but I feel with Harris in there they are very samey. The other one that's looked best has been Russell and Redpath, but to the best of my knowledgeable it's only happened once, against England. This seemed like a good opportunity to give it a go again, but nah, it'll be something else again, probably Tuipolotu at 12. Or something weird involving Mark Bennett because he's not played yet.

I think it'll be Tuipulotu outside kinghorn, as Townsend will have thought they linked pretty well together against Australia. 

Just remembering the high point of Townsend's time was pretty much bang on 4 years ago, his first full year in charge was so promising overall. Taking a superior ABs team to the wire. Imo it's improbable we keep it below a 20 point gap this time round. Comparing this year with 2018 is depressing. Again, he's going nowhere, but what a wasted opportunity it's all been 

Kinghorn Tuipolotu at 10/12 when we could have had Russell and Redpath is just depressing

The fact that all of Tuiplotu's best games for Glasgow have been at 13, yet I dont think he has played there at all for Scotland is probably again down to Toonie's stuborness.

Its going to be a sickener if he somehow starts Russells but pairs him with Stafford McDowall at 12 or something

52 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think it'll be Tuipulotu outside kinghorn, as Townsend will have thought they linked pretty well together against Australia. 

Just remembering the high point of Townsend's time was pretty much bang on 4 years ago, his first full year in charge was so promising overall. Taking a superior ABs team to the wire. Imo it's improbable we keep it below a 20 point gap this time round. Comparing this year with 2018 is depressing. Again, he's going nowhere, but what a wasted opportunity it's all been 

Scotland squad that day had Marfo, Toolis, Du Preez, Lee Jones starting. Pyrgos, Hamilton, Pyrgos, Pete Horne and Byron McGuigan all coming off the bench. Doubt many of them would get into our current team. Yet I'd back that team to pump the current one. Townsend probably has one of the best squads we've ever had at his disposal now, and he's completely fucked it.

45 minutes ago, GAD said:

Scotland squad that day had Marfo, Toolis, Du Preez, Lee Jones starting. Pyrgos, Hamilton, Pyrgos, Pete Horne and Byron McGuigan all coming off the bench. Doubt many of them would get into our current team. Yet I'd back that team to pump the current one. Townsend probably has one of the best squads we've ever had at his disposal now, and he's completely fucked it.

Its definetly a coaching issue, back then we actually had a style of play and everyone knew what they were doing. We then went to the fastest team in the world then best defence, to having no idea what our style of play is supposed to be