Rugby Union

kiwififer

After yesterday any normal person would be thinking it has to be Hastings or Russell at 10 in any big game. We can't afford to pass up easy points.

However I've got a feeling Townsend will be thinking that what he needs to do is bring in John Cooney to play with Kinghorn. If that happens I doubt I will even bother watching the Scotland games. 

Hogg, Graham, Harris, Redpath VD Merwe, Hastings, Price; Schoeman, Turner, Fagerson, Gray (RITCHIE?!?!?!?!?!), Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, Fagerson. 

FH and second row aside can't complain too much, bench looking pretty good as well. Not sure on tuipulotu over Bennett at 23 but nitpicking a bit there

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Hogg, Graham, Harris, Redpath VD Merwe, Hastings, Price; Schoeman, Turner, Fagerson, Gray (RITCHIE?!?!?!?!?!), Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, Fagerson. 

FH and second row aside can't complain too much, bench looking pretty good as well. Not sure on tuipulotu over Bennett at 23 but nitpicking a bit there

I think it looks significantly stronger than last week. I know Gray isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think the lineout has been a bit of an issue and he just makes it better.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing it now, hope Hastings and Redpath do well.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I think it looks significantly stronger than last week. I know Gray isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think the lineout has been a bit of an issue and he just makes it better.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing it now, hope Hastings and Redpath do well.

GT ignored Ritchie for years when he was in decent form, he's looked well off the pace this year yet is now starting. 

You wonder if he has taken some slack for drafting Young into the team when he wasnt even in the squad last week ahead of the other 2nd rows and thought he better make it up to them?

On 03/11/2022 at 15:28, GAD said:

Yeah don't get me wrong I was hoping to see Richie back for Scotland for a long time, and hey if he sorts out a creaky lineout tomorrow will be happy enough. But we'll never see him rampaging about the loose again, and just feels like a very short term solution. 

Speaking of which, has Maitland officially retired from international rugby? I know he's less a regular at sarries now but I think I'd still rather him and all his class/experience going into next year than trying to pick between a half dozen guys with a handful of underwhelming caps to back up Hogg, vdM and Darcy. 

ETA Actually scratch that see he's not started a premiership game so far this season, although may have been injured for some of that 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan