Rugby Union

kiwififer

Decent half to be fair, never looked in any trouble and pretty much been one way traffic. You can see it's a level up from what Chile are used to. They are certainly game, and they are tackling for their lives, but I can see us racking up a lot of tries in the second half.

So far we've not been troubled defensively but when we make changes the game could open up a bit. We've been held up over the try line a couple of times and had pressurised knock ons so Chile are still wanting to give a good account of themselves. 

I know Hoyland is on a hattrick now but I'm still unsure if he'll start the 1st Test next Saturday night. 

Special note to Ross Thompson. He scored a great conversion from a tough angle for the 1st try and he's playing with more freedom and enjoyment. Under Danny Wilson at Glasgow he seemed to be frustrated and off form. 

Yeah, this half has been shite in all honesty. @invergowrie arab is right, we haven't maintained standards. Done a lot of stupid shit that wasn't necessary because they know they will not be punished for it. Absolutely loads of penalities being conceded on our own ball as well, which is a total scourge of Scottish rugby right now.

Sad part is, it's when Cummings and Fagerson have gone off that it's really gone to shit, probably the only two nailed on first team starters on the pitch. Not sure anyone else is really putting their hand up here.

2nd half we relaxed a bit but we were winning well so that's to be expected. Disappointing to lose a late try but scored 2 to make up for it. 

However it's for real over the next 3 weeks. I think Toony must win this series if he's to be trusted with the run in to the World Cup next year. 

20 minutes ago, come on shire said:

2nd half we relaxed a bit but we were winning well so that's to be expected. Disappointing to lose a late try but scored 2 to make up for it. 

However it's for real over the next 3 weeks. I think Toony must win this series if he's to be trusted with the run in to the World Cup next year. 

The point isn't too beat Chile. Its for fringe players to demonstrate they can play a game of test rugby. By that metric it was a dismal performance.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Glasgow draw Perpignan and Bath in the European Challenge Cup.

Edinburgh have Castres and Saracens in the European Champions Cup.

As a Glasgow fan I'm delighted with this draw.  Both French options are traditional relegation battlers but Bayonne won the Pro D2 last season and have a couple of the French grand slam winners in their team though I think they'll be rested for Europe.  Staying up will be more important.  Perpignan have a couple of Argentina internationalists as well as ex-Glasgow prop Siua Halanukanuka.  They won the relegation play-off to stay up.  

Bath is ideal and could be a nice away trip.  We've already got 2 trips to SA in the regular season in the URC so we don't want a 3rd especially at altitude so thankfully we didn't draw the Cheetahs.

We should be targeting 2 home wins and winning in France.  If we have our act together then maybe even a win in Bath is a possibility.

7 minutes ago, come on shire said:

As a Glasgow fan I'm delighted with this draw.  Both French options are traditional relegation battlers but Bayonne won the Pro D2 last season and have a couple of the French grand slam winners in their team though I think they'll be rested for Europe.  Staying up will be more important.  Perpignan have a couple of Argentina internationalists as well as ex-Glasgow prop Siua Halanukanuka.  They won the relegation play-off to stay up.  

Bath is ideal and could be a nice away trip.  We've already got 2 trips to SA in the regular season in the URC so we don't want a 3rd especially at altitude so thankfully we didn't draw the Cheetahs.

We should be targeting 2 home wins and winning in France.  If we have our act together then maybe even a win in Bath is a possibility.

I agree if we are taking the competition seriously we should be winning home and away against the French as normally they have very little interest in the Challenge Cup. To be fair Bath probably wont either. The fixtures will make or break as home vs Perpignan first up and a win will probably have Perpignan lose all interest and it would be between us and Bath