Rugby Union

kiwififer

At what point does Danny Wilson's coaching abilities get called into question? An utterly dismal end to the season for Glasgow Warriors. 1 win in the final 5 league games over Zebre, a few capitulations, and a loss to a dreadful Cardiff side. As posted earlier, it looks like Glasgow might have a decent squad next year but with the same head coach you wonder if there will be any notable improvement.

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

At what point does Danny Wilson's coaching abilities get called into question? An utterly dismal end to the season for Glasgow Warriors. 1 win in the final 5 league games over Zebre, a few capitulations, and a loss to a dreadful Cardiff side. As posted earlier, it looks like Glasgow might have a decent squad next year but with the same head coach you wonder if there will be any notable improvement.

Wilson has to go, and I'm starting to think we are getting to the stage where he will. Glasgow Warriors Twitter is mostly pretty happy clappy, but seeing a lot if anger now and a lot of folk wanting him gone. There are some good players there, and some good ones coming in over the summer, but it's not going to work if he's still there. Also, so many players seem to be regressing at the moment. Time for a change.

19 hours ago, GAD said:

Wilson has to go, and I'm starting to think we are getting to the stage where he will. Glasgow Warriors Twitter is mostly pretty happy clappy, but seeing a lot if anger now and a lot of folk wanting him gone. There are some good players there, and some good ones coming in over the summer, but it's not going to work if he's still there. Also, so many players seem to be regressing at the moment. Time for a change.

We went from 2nd to 8th in a matter of weeks, winning becomes a habit and you start to find ways to win. We are the opposite in that we have got into a habit of losing (or not even losing completely capitulating) and have found new ways of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the older guys who should know better that are the biggest culprits. Wilson, Harley, Fagerson. Also for all we hear about Richie Gray bringing his experience back to the club, to me he looks one of the quietest guys on the pitch. He should be one of the ones dragging the players through tough patches and making sure they make the right calls, but I just dont get that from him. We seem to be missing that Al Kellock type that makes sure everything is going the right way on the pitch, which I am maybe unfairly assuming Gray would be doing.

Well done to Edinburgh though, if you look at the squad of player's I would take Glasgows all day, but Blair is getting more out of them that WIlson is at Glasgow

44 minutes ago, honestly united said:

We went from 2nd to 8th in a matter of weeks, winning becomes a habit and you start to find ways to win. We are the opposite in that we have got into a habit of losing (or not even losing completely capitulating) and have found new ways of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the older guys who should know better that are the biggest culprits. Wilson, Harley, Fagerson. Also for all we hear about Richie Gray bringing his experience back to the club, to me he looks one of the quietest guys on the pitch. He should be one of the ones dragging the players through tough patches and making sure they make the right calls, but I just dont get that from him. We seem to be missing that Al Kellock type that makes sure everything is going the right way on the pitch, which I am maybe unfairly assuming Gray would be doing.

Well done to Edinburgh though, if you look at the squad of player's I would take Glasgows all day, but Blair is getting more out of them that WIlson is at Glasgow

Glasgow got to 2nd as they are ok at beating the shit teams. They usually get it done against the Zebre's and Dragons of the world. Same in Europe, where they made heavy weather of beating a team like Newcastle, but get there in the end. They can't do that against teams of a similar or better standard though. Those games they just lose now, usually pretty comfortably.

I keep reading on social media how great he was, and how much people loved him as a player. That certainly was never the impression I got speaking to anyone in real life.

I have no doubt how good a guy he is, and have heard some great things off the field, but he was never good enough for that level.

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I keep reading on social media how great he was, and how much people loved him as a player. That certainly was never the impression I got speaking to anyone in real life.

I have no doubt how good a guy he is, and have heard some great things off the field, but he was never good enough for that level.

The first few games I saw him in looked the typical athlete that had never played rugby before. His last few games he looked passable but he was never going to get above squad filler level. In any matches I saw he was never above passable, I would rather have kept someone like Rory Hughes than him.

I was just looking up the glasgow squad to see who would be above him in the pecking order for a place on the wing if he had stayed (no one currently), and was reminded we signed Walter Fifita but for the life of me I cant remember him playing, Its says he made his debut in Jan vs Ospreays as a sub and thats been it. Hopefully he is not the new Tagive

24 minutes ago, honestly united said:

The only thing I don’t like about this is the continued references to “Head Coach Danny Wilson”