Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think despite the fact the URC has better teams and players, the Premiership is a much better league. It's more competitive, has decent rivalries and being a straight up league is better for the punters. There are no mini tours, so teams know where they stand week to week.

I think the URC has lost a lot if what was starting to make the Pro12 really good. The natural rivalries are starting to die off (Glasgow v Ulster/Munster for example), there are too many shit teams. Actually, maybe too many shit teams is unfair, as the Prem has loads of shit teams, but maybe there is too much of a gap between the top and the bottom teams in the URC.

26 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I dont like formats where teams get an advantage by playing weaker opponents more. For example in the URC Glasgow and Edinburgh both benefit form playing Zebre twice, which should be a guaranteed 10 points. Has anyone ever looked at any league tables other than the full 16 team one?

Are any of the SA internationals actually playing for the URC teams, as I dont think i've seen any mentioned ever. I know they missed the start of the year with Lions and the RC but there still hardly ever mentioned and the whole Covid re-arranged fixtures has caused a bit of a shambles.

Dragons are almost as bad as Zebre tbf. Connacht are the big losers of the groups. Not playing each other twice is pish for building rivalries. Glasgow Vs the Irish teams always has a bit of dig so it's disappointing to lose 50% of that. 

The Sharks had Ox, Bongi, Kolisi and Mapimpi when they played Edinburgh and Am was out injured. The rest of the big names are in Europe or Japan. The Japanese based players will probably be in URC next season. 

The football team I support were one of the minority to vote against the Old Firm Colts coming back into the Lowland League next season.

However, would this work in the Super 6?  The Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh sending their academy teams into the Super 6?  They couldn't win the league but it'd give the academy players regular competitive games.  Also, it would give the best players from the Super 6 teams a gauge to see if they're good enough to join one of the FT set ups?  

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

The football team I support were one of the minority to vote against the Old Firm Colts coming back into the Lowland League next season.

However, would this work in the Super 6?  The Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh sending their academy teams into the Super 6?  They couldn't win the league but it'd give the academy players regular competitive games.  Also, it would give the best players from the Super 6 teams a gauge to see if they're good enough to join one of the FT set ups?  

I may be wrong but i think all the academy players are already playing Super 6

Edit to add, I mean the fosroc players as I dont know if Glasgow / Edinburgh actually have academy sides

Edited by honestly united

Leinster play to different rules to everyone else. Connacht have been completely shafted here, the decision not to red card Gibson Park was an absolute disgrace.
As clear a shoulder directly to the head as you will ever see.

A 54-5 won over Pau gives Edinburgh a home game in the last 16 of the Challenge Cup. With Bath the likely opponents (unless Toulon get no match points latter today).