Rugby Union

kiwififer

If your want to look on the brightside we should have beaten SA in the autumn if our lineout was functioning properly.
The players should know there Irish counterparts and game plan inside out, yet seem incapable of playing against them. I cant see us getting through the group
We are Irelands bitches. The Irish are 100% certain when entering the pitch that they will beat us.

8 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Ritchie Gray signs a new deal at Glasgow. 

He's worth a contract just for the line out but hopefully we see less of him next year with the big Saffer and Cummings taking most of the minutes.

Harley has somehow been past it for 2 years despite only being 31 years old.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

He's worth a contract just for the line out but hopefully we see less of him next year with the big Saffer and Cummings taking most of the minutes.

Harley has somehow been past it for 2 years despite only being 31 years old.

I think Richie is a quality player who'd be in my team every week. However with Harley away and Kiran McDonald joining Wasps then Richie, Cummings and JP du Preez will add depth and real competition. 

Harley could be a squad player at an Exeter or Sarries, a bit like Swinson but he's not an internationalist imo. 

As for the Autumn Tests, NZ are NZ but Fiji give me the fear based on how we played during the 6 Nations. 

3 hours ago, come on shire said:

Domingo Miotti starts at 15 for Glasgow tomorrow night. Hopefully reinventing himself at FB finally gives him a chance to "happen" at Glasgow. 

Is that his first start with 4 games of the season left?

Miotti was one of the signings I was most looking forward to see play this year and he hasnt even got to play 10 yet

On 31/03/2022 at 16:20, honestly united said:

Is that his first start with 4 games of the season left?

Miotti was one of the signings I was most looking forward to see play this year and he hasnt even got to play 10 yet

He may have come off the bench earlier in the season. 

However with Ollie Smith injured and Josh McKay injured or whatever we needed cover. At least it allowed Thompson to start at 10. 

Zebre were poor but we still butchered opportunities to get a bigger win. We're still not ruthless enough under Wilson. 

There is a bit of a debate on Twitter about URC Vs the Premiership. I'm possibly being a bit harsh due to Covid but the URC hasn't been great and the eight playoff sides are already set in stone and have been for a few weeks. 

The format doesn't really work with so many uncompetitive teams and games. The straight 12 team league was the best format by far, expansion has been pish. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There is a bit of a debate on Twitter about URC Vs the Premiership. I'm possibly being a bit harsh due to Covid but the URC hasn't been great and the eight playoff sides are already set in stone and have been for a few weeks. 

The format doesn't really work with so many uncompetitive teams and games. The straight 12 team league was the best format by far, expansion has been pish. 

I havent seen enough of the Premiership to fully comment, but in general terms the URC hasn't been great.

I dont like formats where teams get an advantage by playing weaker opponents more. For example in the URC Glasgow and Edinburgh both benefit form playing Zebre twice, which should be a guaranteed 10 points. Has anyone ever looked at any league tables other than the full 16 team one?

Are any of the SA internationals actually playing for the URC teams, as I dont think i've seen any mentioned ever. I know they missed the start of the year with Lions and the RC but there still hardly ever mentioned and the whole Covid re-arranged fixtures has caused a bit of a shambles.

I was hoping next year might be better, the the RC runs through to end Sept, the SA players will then be on AI Duty, so we probably wont see them on league duty until the new year. I watched the Edinburgh game at the weekend, and Im sure they said the avg age of the SA teams was 20, and only 6 above 23. Which probably shows how seirously they are taking it.