Rugby Union

kiwififer

That'd us into the Premiership final against Marr next week for anyone interested in the club game.

SRU showed their absolute contempt for the club game in Scotland by not putting anything out about the play offs at all week. Even when they did put out a paltry tweet about ourselves and Marr it was using photos from 3 years ago, so clearly had no one at either game.

That’s a routine BP win under Townsend or Rennie. I don’t understand how we managed to be so shite for the last half hour as we were cutting them to shreds with ball in hand.

Weir should hang his head, he had one job, and that was basically the game right there, pin them in their half and play, but no, we end up spending the last 10 mins in our 22 because he boots it out on the full. The call against Cummings in the stolen line out was absolute bollocks as well.

Danny Wilson should know Welsh rugby inside out. Getting torn apart at the Scarlets and blowing it against Cardiff, both sides well down the table, shouldn't be happening. Then there's the loss in Benneton. 

To compete for silverware these games need won. Consistency is a huge issue with a team that should be doing FAR better. 

Why was Thompson hooked for Weir? 

Is it really working with the current coaches? 

Edinburgh becoming the first of the Northern sides to win in SA in the URC. Has annoyed the Irish fans and they are trying to find any reason to talk it down which is funny to read.

That was shocking by Glasgow. After a poor first 10 minutes they come roaring back get the 4 tries, then take the foot of the glass and end up losing.

I was ready to come on here giving it the glowing praise of how much better glasgow look with Thompson at 10 etc at half time, Darge was outplaying Navidi etc which im glad i didnt given the drop off in the 2nd half. 

Bring a 2nd row on at blindside 2 weeks running isnt helping, Wier's first contribution was to put a restart out on the full, obviously hte buck stops with the coaches but the players need to be having a look at themselves as well as that was a capitulation in the last 20 - to be fair it was a pretty scottish performace!

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

That was shocking by Glasgow. After a poor first 10 minutes they come roaring back get the 4 tries, then take the foot of the glass and end up losing.

I was ready to come on here giving it the glowing praise of how much better glasgow look with Thompson at 10 etc at half time, Darge was outplaying Navidi etc which im glad i didnt given the drop off in the 2nd half. 

Bring a 2nd row on at blindside 2 weeks running isnt helping, Wier's first contribution was to put a restart out on the full, obviously hte buck stops with the coaches but the players need to be having a look at themselves as well as that was a capitulation in the last 20 - to be fair it was a pretty scottish performace!

Yeah, it feels like something is just massively "off" both Glasgow and Scotland. Edinburgh on the other hand seems like a much happier place, and for me, it was the Edinburgh players who seemed to perform better during the 6 nations.

No idea what the SRU are going to do now going forward. They look like they are throwing a bit of money at Glasgow again for next season but I just don't see this coaching team working any better. Also, with the national team, I expect they want to limp to the world cup, but the way things are now you can't see us even being close to South Africa and Ireland, and if Tonga get a load of Kiwis in under the new residency rules things could get very, very ugly. I think someone else can get more out of both Glasgow and Scotland, it's gone stale and the players look demotivated and badly coached.

I think if we can put out our strongest XV we can give South Africa and Ireland a game. Discipline and getting more from the centres in attack are the priorities. 

If we have Schoeman, Zander, Gray, Cummings, Ritchie, Darge, Price, Finn, DVDM and Hogg all fully fit we have a chance. 

The Glasgow game was a strange one. They only had one attack/spell of possession in the 35 minutes after getting the bonus. Despite that the only three bad mistakes were knocking the ball forward into touch from a box kick and Weir's first two kicks. Apart from that they got reffed off the park in a way that made it impossible to get out the 22.