Rugby Union

kiwififer

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Things are not good behind the scenes.
These players should know better but clearly GT has lost the dressing room
A drubbing by Ireland tomorrow should be his farewell swan

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/60796440

Don’t really see the issue tbh - adults go to a bar a week before their next game. 

49 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Things are not good behind the scenes.
These players should know better but clearly GT has lost the dressing room
A drubbing by Ireland tomorrow should be his farewell swan

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/60796440

Yep, there does seem to be a bit of a malaise behind the scenes now. No discipline on the pitch, none off it either. This 6 nations has been fucking shite.

43 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
45 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Don’t really see the issue tbh - adults go to a bar a week before their next game. 

Yes, but thats not the issue. Professional players have protocols they are required to adhere to.. Just shows a lack of respect

Pretty sure Hogg, as Captain, will have been one of the guys setting the fucking protocols as well.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Covid is absolutely rife just now so they are increasing the risk of bringing into the camp and weakening the squad for Dublin.

(Speaking as someone who was out last Friday, Saturday and Sunday and caught Covid).

Edited by Detournement

21 minutes ago, GAD said:

I've no idea what the ref was talking about in regards to that deliberate knock on. I've never, ever seen that not given as a yellow.

I think the only thing in Immelman's favour was it being a terrible pass that was actually behind the reciever. 

Still Edinburgh were probably offside and that sort of stifling play has to be punished. 

Edited by Detournement

21 minutes ago, GAD said:

I've no idea what the ref was talking about in regards to that deliberate knock on. I've never, ever seen that not given as a yellow.

They were talking about whether it would definitely have been a line break, in which case it would be a yellow as well. If there is someone else in position to make a tackle, it's just a penalty

The TMO kept talking about a defender right behind the knock-on, but we never saw that angle, despite him also saying "You can see it here" (or words to that effect)

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Jamie Ritchie with a big brace on his leg. Can't wait to see him back. 

The way they talked about his injury at the time I suspect he ripped the muscle off the bone like Sutherland so might be out for a bit.. 

I can’t understand how Gordon didn’t get a call up last year but we are stacked at 7 with Darge, Boyle and Gordon behind Watson.