Rugby Union

kiwififer

There has been a fair amount of unfair criticism around Darcy Graham and his defence in recent times, presumably just as he is wee because he has rarely let anyone down since breaking through at Embra and provides something in attack that few in the world can. It was amazing seeing him playing like that today, especially given everything he went through with his brother last year. Likewise Matt Fagerson showed why there has been so much excitement around him over the years and more than justified his start over Bradbury. Hopefully he can find some consistency. Russell also was immense in the second half.

A great win, if not necessarily performance, from all involved. As for Eddie Jones and his team of underachievers, I think John Inverdale sums it up best;

1432954-30655951-2560-1440.thumb.jpg.b5627714e5521ac56c66652afe0a14f1.jpg

11 hours ago, afca32 said:

There has been a fair amount of unfair criticism around Darcy Graham and his defence in recent times, presumably just as he is wee because he has rarely let anyone down since breaking through at Embra and provides something in attack that few in the world can. It was amazing seeing him playing like that today, especially given everything he went through with his brother last year. Likewise Matt Fagerson showed why there has been so much excitement around him over the years and more than justified his start over Bradbury. Hopefully he can find some consistency. Russell also was immense in the second half.

A great win, if not necessarily performance, from all involved. As for Eddie Jones and his team of underachievers, I think John Inverdale sums it up best;

1432954-30655951-2560-1440.thumb.jpg.b5627714e5521ac56c66652afe0a14f1.jpg

Have to be honest, Graham and Fagerson were the two picks I was most worried about. It's clear I have no idea what I'm talking about and should shut up.

The backs from both sides were under utilised due to the bad weather but D'Arcy Graham put in a shift. Going forward I'd have him competing with Kyle Steyn for the 14 shirt and bench. I'm not convinced about Kinghorn tbh. 

However our pack won us the game. It wasn't the strongest England team I've seen at Murrayfield but we fronted up well. 

Perhaps England going to the corner instead of the posts with their penalty near the end helped us win it. However at the end with the reset scrum business I couldn't help but think the England pack were just desperate to con the ref into awarding them a penalty to get a draw. Well done to him and our pack for not tolerating that crap. 

8 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Perhaps England going to the corner instead of the posts with their penalty near the end helped us win it. However at the end with the reset scrum business I couldn't help but think the England pack were just desperate to con the ref into awarding them a penalty to get a draw. Well done to him and our pack for not tolerating that crap. 

England won the Calcutta Cup two years ago because of Genge walking round the scrum. Marler tried it twice but O'Keefe wasn't having it although he was still too feart to give us a free kick. 

Very clever play on the first try with. Turner covering the kick. 

Really good performance, especially as up until very recently I wouldn't have given us much chance of coming back that late in the game. Can't really see any argument against that being a yellow/penalty try, and Graham was superb throughout. Fagerson Jr played like a man who knows he's got proper competition at his back, maybe his strongest game for Scotland and outshone Ritchie and Watson. If Ritchie is out I'd like to see a flanker replacing him instead of sticking an 8 at 6, Bayliss or Christie maybe. 

Johnson was alright and the right call yesterday but I'd bring in Redpath or Tuipuloto at 12 next week. Probably Redpath as judging by their game yesterday having two players capable of making pass to the fringes would be handy 

Really good performance, especially as up until very recently I wouldn't have given us much chance of coming back that late in the game. Can't really see any argument against that being a yellow/penalty try, and Graham was superb throughout. Fagerson Jr played like a man who knows he's got proper competition at his back, maybe his strongest game for Scotland and outshone Ritchie and Watson. If Ritchie is out I'd like to see a flanker replacing him instead of sticking an 8 at 6, Bayliss or Christie maybe. 
Johnson was alright and the right call yesterday but I'd bring in Redpath or Tuipuloto at 12 next week. Probably Redpath as judging by their game yesterday having two players capable of making pass to the fringes would be handy 
Only those who are biased or don't know the rules would argue against the yellow card.

Just watched the game back (well, most of it) without the beer and adrenaline, and despite all the whinging, I'm pretty sure the team O'Keefe didn't want to penalise at the end was England. Nel had Marler in toast and he was boring in and trying to walk back. The ref saw this I'm sure, but didn't want to end the game so was just desperate for England to get the ball out.

The penalty try isn't even a debate. No idea why people are continuing to humiliate themselves over that, including high profile pundits on Twitter.