Rugby Union

kiwififer

7 minutes ago, Stirlingblue said:

What is this commentators problem. Like Scotland are the only country where a couple of players are born outwith the country.

His biggest problem seems to be the idea that a person who isn't white and has a forigen name could possibly have any Scottish heritage.

A lot of good and a lot of bad in that half. Think we look better since Thompson came on. Brave to go for the try at the end, and glad it came off. Think it was a bit if a physiological blow as well as Ulster were clearly hoping we would just kick it. If we can cut out the daft errors and soft turnovers in the second half we have a chance of a big result here.

Frustrating. That was an opportunity there, but the mistakes killed us. There was plenty of good stuff as well though to be fair. Lineout attack and defence was good, scrum was fine, Darge was brilliant and some of the new boys showed up well too. Wilson was magnificent as well.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

We lost that rather than Ulster winning. However positive signs and 2 points on the road is not to be sniffed at. We definetly looked better once Weir went off. I just dont think he fits the way we play.

Yeah, I think Weir will be ok, but he wasn't playing well at all, I think he put at least two out on the full, had a couple of drops and was just struggling all round. Thompson did the basics much better when he came on.

Still early days, but Thompson looks like he has the potential to be a very, very good player. It will he interesting to see how he goes in the Autumn for Scotland where I expect he will get his first cap.

Velacott and Graham were excellent for Edinburgh, who as a whole played some excellent rugby, but also some dreadful stuff as well. Style seems much better under Blair, just needs some work on defence. questions on why Kinghorn was at 10 when Lang and Vander Walt are available, but ball in hand he is excellent, but defensively is so poor.

TBF if you had been given 2 bonus points away at Ulster, and a BP win at home to Scarlets before the games started you would have taken it, so I would say a good opening weekend