Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Although the Boks were the Home team the game was played in Queensland (Cbus Stadium, Gold Coast). All remaining Rugby Championship games this season will be played in Queensland.

Really? I had no idea! Come to think if it, I should have realised with the kick off time and the crowd!

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Wallabies playing well again this morning. Playing all the rugby. 

They could be a tougher game for Scotland than the Boks at this rate. 

I caught some of the second half of this, looked like a good match. The Wallabies were playing some lovely attacking rugby 🏉

Far easier to watch the the lions guff against the Bock's.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The Aussies have out-muscled the Boks AND played attractive rugby. 

As pointed out above, Rennie seems to have unleashed the potential in them that's been hidden for the last 10 years or so. I'm really looking forward to the autumn tests. 

Have seen more people defending him (games gone soft ect) than agreeing with the red
Madness. Hits him late and when he is off the ground for starters. The only reason he hits him in the chest, which is still marginally high, is because he is off the ground, would have been straight to his head otherwise.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I always felt sorry for Spain after being kicked out the womens 6 nations to allow Italy in, and i think they knocked us out the qualifing last time. As always in rugby the closed shops is the biggest hurdle to growing the game

Everyone has won a game and lost a game thus far so Spain can still qualify as well if they beat Italy on Saturday 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Did anyone else see the Super 6 game between the Southern Knights and Watsonians?

Honestly, it is one of the best games I've seen in ages, played in the right spirit, with... running rugby!

There were some glorious big hits, there was some great kick chase as well, but used sparingly.  Mostly though, both teams just showed a willingness to keep the ball and try to outflank their opposite number.

What an advert that was for rugby.

Full match is on YouTube as well.  I highly recomend it.

Yours

aDONis

I saw a bit towards the end but it was pretty much over by then. I went to Boroughmuir-Melrose about 10 days ago, the first time I had seen the latter this season, and they were indeed pretty exciting, showing better offloading skills than any other team I've seen this season. I'm glad to hear Watsonians played some good rugby, they've been effective if uninspiring when I've seen them.

The Knights look well set to win it at the moment but anything could happen in a one-off final. Although far from without its flaws, it is pretty clear that Super 6 is a higher standard than the Premiership was a few years back.