Rugby Union

kiwififer

Ugly as f**k, but we'll take it.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I hate how long penalties take. It should be 30 seconds. Who cares if it means a few more are missed. They never used to take anywhere near this long.

Do what they do in League. Stop the clock until the kicker starts his run-up

That was brilliant. Ref was a c**t in the first half, we were mullering them in the scrum and that was shown by the fact they changed the entire front row at half time, but second half was excellent and we took him out of it. DVM owed big apologies, because he was fantastic. Lawes as well, another guy getting pelters before the game. Price superb.

Thought the Scottish boys were all decent, Sutherland was solid in general, with some inconsistency in the reffing of the scrum. He got pinged for a couple that were obviously not him but got away with one too. Mish was lucky with the tip tackle, but was good ball in hand and an absolute nuisance in defence. Duhan was solid without really being given a chance to get going, Hoggy did what he needed to do, and Ali Price was, for me, outstanding.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same team next week if everyone is fit tbh, with the exception of Mish for Curry.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Thought the Scottish boys were all decent, Sutherland was solid in general, with some inconsistency in the reffing of the scrum. He got pinged for a couple that were obviously not him but got away with one too. Mish was lucky with the tip tackle, but was good ball in hand and an absolute nuisance in defence. Duhan was solid without really being given a chance to get going, Hoggy did what he needed to do, and Ali Price was, for me, outstanding.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same team next week if everyone is fit tbh, with the exception of Mish for Curry.

Curry can’t start again surely

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ugly as f**k, but we'll take it.

Do what they do in League. Stop the clock until the kicker starts his run-up

Still boring for the fans in the stadium though (when such things are permitted), it harms the atmosphere. I'd prefer a shot-clock of some type.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Any time I see Maro Itoje interviewed, I find him very impressive. It's a shame I find him such a fucking c**t on the pitch, although obviously today, he was our c**t.

4ZXU1Afx_400x400.jpg

Itoje is one of those players you hate but if he was in your teams shirt he'd be an absolute hero.

FWIW I think that since he has stopped the obvious wind up stuff and just got on with his job, I've really warmed to him.  Clear MOTM today but I reserve the right to boo him and call out all his illegal actions when he plays for Sarries again

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Still boring for the fans in the stadium though (when such things are permitted), it harms the atmosphere. I'd prefer a shot-clock of some type.

Its a test match, the W is more important than entertaining the plebs (still pissed off as I should be in Cape Town tonight looking forward to Port Elizabeth and the 2nd Test)

4 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

Its a test match, the W is more important than entertaining the plebs (still pissed off as I should be in Cape Town tonight looking forward to Port Elizabeth and the 2nd Test)

I meant all rugby, not just this match. Far too much match-time is taken up with kicks at goal. Today it was around 10% of the whole game.