Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Scotland Georgia game called off now as well. Dissapointing as there were a few players we were looking to get capped over the summer - hopefully we dont lose out on any of those. Was also looking forward to seeing how some of the youngster got on stepping up a level.

Yeah, it's pish for the players. I think we were especially looking to get Ashman capped, England still sniffing around by all accounts.

My back three for the Lions (if fit), Left wing - Liam Williams, Right Wing - Anthony Watson and Full back - Hogg.

All three can play full back, so it's really only cover for the wing that's required and that place I'd give to VDM, simply because he gets more involved in play and has unbelievable grunt.

Very, very hard on Adams, who has been in spectacular scoring form but I think is the slightly square peg in this squad. 

Zammit hasn't impressed me yet, I don't think he works hard enough and got absolutely toasted v the Sharks winger in a phone booth.  Contrast that with VDM hunting down any breaks through the centre, and the talk of VDM defensive frailties are overblown.

I think there's an outside chance of Price starting, but more likely he'll be on the bench to add pace to the attack later in the game (but he has to be in the 23).

So my (wishful) prediction for Scotland players are;

Starters; Hogg, Harris

Bench (5/3 split): Watson, Sutherland, VDM, Price, Russell)

Yours, LIONS! LIONS! LIONS!

aDONis

Sutherland, Watson, Harris and DVM start tomorrow with Russell on the bench.

I think tomorrow's front row of Sutherland, George and Furlong could well be the starting test selection. George is captain tomorrow with Murray on the bench.

Screenshot_20210709-161736_Facebook.jpg

I think that'll depend on how much Gatland rates his defensive game, which tbf is dodgy. He sold a cheap try in Paris and he's not been tested in any of the Lions matches so far. Right now I think Williams, Watson and Adams are ahead of him,
Mish has incredible competition for the jersey and I think we'll all be kept guessing until the team is actually announced. His relative lack of flexibility may cost him but right now any of the back row could be starting or could be outside the 23.
Sutherland has much less competition, he's a solid, dependable, dynamic grown-up in the front row and Hogg is about as nailed-on as anyone in the squad.
How's his defensive game dodgy? I would stop listening to these Welsh/Irish pundits

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 hours ago, GordonS said:
I think that'll depend on how much Gatland rates his defensive game, which tbf is dodgy. He sold a cheap try in Paris and he's not been tested in any of the Lions matches so far. Right now I think Williams, Watson and Adams are ahead of him,
Mish has incredible competition for the jersey and I think we'll all be kept guessing until the team is actually announced. His relative lack of flexibility may cost him but right now any of the back row could be starting or could be outside the 23.
Sutherland has much less competition, he's a solid, dependable, dynamic grown-up in the front row and Hogg is about as nailed-on as anyone in the squad.

How's his defensive game dodgy? I would stop listening to these Welsh/Irish pundits

This is completely bollocks defending:

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Don’t know where you got that from, O’Reilly is the leading try scorer with 37 over 2 tours

Check out his bio. He was a very successful businessman after his rugby career, including.........being the CEO at Heinz. 🙂

Hearing Marcus Smith has been called up to the Lions due to an injury to Russell. Hopefully it's just a precaution
Russell and Itoje both taken out of today's match squad, Russell's injury can't be too bad as he is staying with the tour squad.