Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gray doing himself some big favours today
I don't watch too much Premiership stuff, but my uncle is a Chiefs season ticket holder and he can't fathom how Johnny was hardly mentioned in the Lions discussion. He just doesn't miss tackles, and brings plenty of other stuff too.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Aye I think he thought he could get Newell into the Lions by favouring him over Hogg. 

Yeah, it looked like it. I thought Hogg was really good when he came on. Nowell was too easy for Quinn's to play against. Just watched the Lions game. DVM getting some amount of stick from the commentators, for no real reason I can see. They actually blamed him for a knock on that was clearly Liam Williams.

I also thought the drop off in quality between the starting and the finishing front row was quite something.

I went along to Murrayfield today as my friend had a spare ticket. Thought it was a good 1st half but a poor Lions performance in the 2nd half. I'd never been to a game before so was shocked at how lax it was compared to football grounds as in being allowed plastic bottles, coupios amounts of booze etc. Our tickets were in E10 and were £145 😬 thankfully I got it as a freebie! 

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Good news for Murray as he was utter shite today, so would have been struggling for a test place

He really was very bad. It's funny how the Irish commentators today focused on VDM having a bad game, but if you read the Welsh or English press they are all giving VDM a good rating and absolutely hammering Murray.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, GordonS said:
Now confirmed that AWJ will miss the whole tour.
Very sad for a true legend.

Gray doing himself some big favours today

Why, did he unearth a Welsh grandparent?

It's a very particular state of mind that decides Adam Beard is worthier of Lions selection than Jonny Gray and James Ryan.
It's funny to see the Irish fans still claiming it's an anti Irish conspiracy, when Gatland has just made Murray captain. [emoji23]