Rugby Union

kiwififer

Brilliant. Hastings superb, big performances from pretty much everyone. Defence was solid after Harley got subbed. 

I hope Wilson says something about the TMO. The McDonald head hit was a red. No checks on Wilson being hit on the head or Hastings being gouged. Plus the challenge fiasco. 

Feeling a bit more upbeat about Wilson after the last few games too. Darge is brilliant, his sidestep when carrying in the  tight  is amazing.

But most importantly f**k Leinster and f**k the incredible sense of entitlement in Irish rugby that has emerged in the last few years  

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He was superb. 

I think it required a BP. Mon the Bennetton!

Yes, he was. My player of the season by miles. The last couple of months have been such a tonic after the disaster that was the first half of the season. The youngsters have made the team fun to watch again, Thompson especially looks like he's been playing this level for years. Darge and Gordon both looked great today and I really like the look of Lambert, I think he's going to be a good player.

The Irish tears on Twitter are something else. The thing they genuinely seem to be raging about is that Glasgow stood up to them. Absolutely furious about the fact that when they decided to throw punches Glasgow threw them back. Aghast that anyone would have the audacity! The fact it was mostly Adam Hastings is the funniest bit. A real cold eyed killer him.

A good win and a proper confidence booster which has been a rarity this season. I missed the first 15 or so minutes but wasn't that impressed by Leinster, I think that's the poorest I've seen them in years.

I feel for Connor Boyle who must be watching Darge play like this for Glasgow and thinking "that could've been me", instead he has to sit behind Watson, Ritchie and Crosbie at Edinburgh. Good on Darge though, he's finally getting his chance (despite being ready for years) and is certainly taking it.

It definitely felt sad watching Niko in a Glasgow shirt for (presumably) the last time. My interest in rugby was fairly minimal between roughly 2012-16 but Glasgow were so entertaining that I kept an eye on them. He was as important a part of that as anyone, particularly in his scrum half days. Good luck to him with whatever he does.

Definitely a sad moment with Niko retiring.

Ulster fans attending the Final we won just to boo him after he made a meal of their guy chokeslamming him off the ball was tremendous. Like last night, a clear example of the Irish fans hating when their players are actually punished

Just now, parsgooner said:

Some end to the Leicester vs Bristol game. Looked like Bristol tried to pull a fast one by saying they had no fit props.

Was just about to post this.

The irony being it's Leicester complaining about someone else cheating, and the fact that the Bristol prop got binned because the ref was letting Leicester drive in and up illegally.

Glasgow just released their punted list and it's pretty large! Ones you'd expect all on there, but so are Lee Jones, Robbie Nairn, Seuili and D'Arcy Rae, all of whom I'd expected us to keep for some reason.

I also didn't realise we'd signed Simon Berghan for next season.

Glasgow just released their punted list and it's pretty large! Ones you'd expect all on there, but so are Lee Jones, Robbie Nairn, Seuili and D'Arcy Rae, all of whom I'd expected us to keep for some reason.
21 leaving in total, a lot who have been pretty ineffective and in some cases probably fairly expensive (yes Leone, this means you), but that's a lot of jerseys to fill.

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
52 minutes ago, GAD said:

21 leaving in total, a lot who have been pretty ineffective and in some cases probably fairly expensive (yes Leone, this means you), but that's a lot of jerseys to fill.

Yeah, there are a few areas we look really light right now, especially at back row where it looks like we only have six or seven, depending on what you count Harley as these days, and of those six, you'd expect Fagerson, Thomson and maybe even Darge or Wilson to be involved with Scotland at some points.