Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I'm not a massive fan of the referral system if it gets players sent off, but equally if the TMO picks that up then it's the same outcome.

This is a key point here. Kebble has just rightly been sent off for his actions, but was goaded into it by Pyrgos, who then went down playacting, then jumped up and ran at Kebble pointing the finger. He should be in the bin as well.

This is a key point here. Kebble has just rightly been sent off for his actions, but was goaded into it by Pyrgos, who then went down playacting, then jumped up and ran at Kebble pointing the finger. He should be in the bin as well.
Chasing after the ball isn't a sin binning offense or goading.

He's made the most of it, just like Price just did by passing the ball straight into Gilchrist a few seconds before.

That kind of gamesmanship ship, where you make the most of any contentious or 50/50 is creeping into the game.

Just now, super_carson said:

Chasing after the ball isn't a sin binning offense or goading.

He's made the most of it, just like Price just did by passing the ball straight into Gilchrist a few seconds before.

The goading bit is fine tbh, but Pyrgos (who I like) went down holding his head as if it was a serious injury, then sprung up and ran at Kebble and the ref demanding action.

That shouldn't be how a captains challenge works.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

The goading bit is fine tbh, but Pyrgos (who I like) went down holding his head as if it was a serious injury, then sprung up and ran at Kebble and the ref demanding action.

Let's face it though. That's exactly how it's going to work.

Also every score from close in has illegal ruck work so everything should be challenged. Edinburgh should definitely have challenged the first Glasgow score.

Aye but how much Pyrgos reacts to it doesnt change the fact that Kebble has used an elbow to the head with force.

I'm not a fan of the play acting that's part of rugby now either, by the way. But it doesn't excuse foul play.

After seeing the 3 Captain's Challenges in this game, depsite the officials getting them all right, I'm in favour of getting that rule firmly in the bin.
Definitely some fine tuning with it needed, maybe only at certain time periods or for certain things like foul play/ball grounding?

Just now, super_carson said:
2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
After seeing the 3 Captain's Challenges in this game, depsite the officials getting them all right, I'm in favour of getting that rule firmly in the bin.

Definitely some fine tuning with it needed, maybe only at certain time periods or for certain things like foul play/ball grounding?

I thought it was only for foul play and tries? To be fair, maybe refs/TMOs should just do a better job. Both the red cards should have been fairly obvious.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:
3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

My understanding is it is only for certain things (in the first 75 minutes) and that it is only for foul play or an infringement that has led to a try. Unless it is in the last 5 minutes in which case you can challenge any decision?

2 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Aye but how much Pyrgos reacts to it doesnt change the fact that Kebble has used an elbow to the head with force.

I'm not a fan of the play acting that's part of rugby now either, by the way. But it doesn't excuse foul play.

I don't disagree that it was a red.

I just think Pyrgos, who I previously liked, is a snidey wee c**t. He even goes down holding the wrong side of his head

They've just shown the replay again. Hit so hard on the left side of his face that he needs to push the right side back into place.

There's obviously no actual offence committed, but he shouldn't be allowed to forget that shite for a while

I don't disagree that it was a red.
I just think Pyrgos, who I previously liked, is a snidey wee c**t. He even goes down holding the wrong side of his head
Agreed. But as I already said, most 9s are snide wee c***s anyway.

Great game so far. Steyn and Price have been everywhere, outstanding half from them both. Felt a bit sorry for Bennett, but can’t really have any complaints once there’s contact.

Stupid from Kebble, no idea why he thought he’d get away with that. Pish from Pyrgos though, who quite frankly irritates me everytime I watch him. Should never have had his contract extended.