Rugby Union

kiwififer

47 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

20 in 55 for Scotland, 48 in 150 for Glasgow, and top try scorer on a Lions tour in New Zealand is an absolutely sensational record.

Cheers Tommy, you were fucking brilliant.

Not a mention of the SRU at all in his farewell.  

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Is it an injury thing for Tommy? He seems quite young to be retiring that’s all.

He's missed a fair chunk of this season through concussion so think that will be a big factor. He'll be 33 in July and has had a steady decline for the last few years so it's probably the right time. He'll be sorely missed around the club though I'm sure.

Bit late to this but absolute star. Easy to forget how exciting and refreshing it was when we were first able to field the Seymour/Maitland/Hogg back 3, a wonderfully balanced unit and Tommy was just as important to that as either of the others. Top scorer on a Lions tour and very unlucky not to get a test game imo.

I hate Montpellier, especially that cunty South African hooker, but I'm cheering them on with everything I've got here against Bath and their best player, that c**t Andrew Brace.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Going to go with following for Scottish contingent, baring no withdrawals. Optimistic but don't think it will be far off.

Sutherland R (if fit)
Gray J.
Watson H.
Price A
Russell F (at expense of Sexton)
Harris C
Van der Merwe D.
Hogg S.

8 players....

I watched some Lions draft thing on BT last night after the Bath game. It was really stupid where they had 4 guys taking turns to pick players for their teams. Even having to pick 8 props and 8 centres between them, none of them picked Sutherland or Harris. None picked Price either.

I watched some Lions draft thing on BT last night after the Bath game. It was really stupid where they had 4 guys taking turns to pick players for their teams. Even having to pick 8 props and 8 centres between them, none of them picked Sutherland or Harris. None picked Price either.
They are clueless. Look at Sutherlands stats vs wyn Jones for 6 nations. Betcha everyone picked wyn Jones and owens who were beasted against a poor Sale team

37 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, GAD said:

They are clueless. Look at Sutherlands stats vs wyn Jones for 6 nations. Betcha everyone picked wyn Jones and owens who were beasted against a poor Sale team

Yeah, I remember someone on here saying you could have the incredible hulk as the other prop in a Wyn Jones/Owens front row and they'd still get hammered. It's actually quite funny that the same people are the ones saying that you can't take Watson because he's not powerful enough.

Yeah, I remember someone on here saying you could have the incredible hulk as the other prop in a Wyn Jones/Owens front row and they'd still get hammered. It's actually quite funny that the same people are the ones saying that you can't take Watson because he's not powerful enough.
Yeh. The watson is too small thing has grown legs due to so called expert pundits being utterly clueless and baa'ing like sheep. Welsh and Irish being the worst

Some of the Lions pick shows are hilarious. James Haskell and Mike Tindell both picked George Turner on their podcast, not just for the squad but to start the tests, basically because his one great game against England. They did at least admit they hadn't seen much else of him but even Scots wouldn't suggest Turner for the squad.

I think one of them said Watson for their potential player of the tour but didn't actually have him in their starting 15. Genius. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

36 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Some of the Lions pick shows are hilarious. James Haskell and Mike Tindell both picked George Turner on their podcast, not just for the squad but to start the tests, basically because his one great game against England. They did at least admit they hadn't seen much else of him but even Scots wouldn't suggest Turner for the squad.

I think one of them said Watson for their potential player of the tour but didn't actually have him in their starting 15. Genius. 

Ha ha, yeah, I don't think most Scots would have Turner even starting for Scotland.

James Ryan is another guy who I've never really got the hype for. He's in every squad, but he seems to be another of these guys who plays for Ireland do we've just to accept he's brilliant, but I've never seen it.

18 hours ago, GAD said:

Ha ha, yeah, I don't think most Scots would have Turner even starting for Scotland.

James Ryan is another guy who I've never really got the hype for. He's in every squad, but he seems to be another of these guys who plays for Ireland do we've just to accept he's brilliant, but I've never seen it.

I think Ryan still gets that glow from emerging from the Leinster academy as a pretty fully formed international lock. I don't think he's really got better from that point in the last few years. He's got a bit of that modern lock thing about him but he doesn't do the basics of the role as well as say AWJ or maybe even Johnny Gray and he doesn't do the extras as well as an Itoje, he's underpowered compared to the SA lads etc.

That being said I'd be delighted if he played for Scotland, he is really good. Just maybe not the once in a generation talent he looked at first.