Rugby Union

kiwififer

The way they are reffing the "deliberate knock on" at the moment is nonsense. At full speed, he is making the tackle, and it hits him.

Moot point, given it didn't actually go forward anyway, but similar to the one Grigg got a yellow for last week, when his arm was actually moving towards his own try line, yet it hit him and was a knock on

You've just got to admire Leinster. They're absolute thoroughbreds. From 14-0 down, they won the remaining 70 minutes 41-6. Better than Exeter up front, in defence, discipline, handling, tactics, physically, mentally, the lot.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
55 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
Townsend appointed Lions forwards’ coach.  Hopefully it’s chuck-it-all-over-the-shop Townsend and not “pragmatic”Townsend. 

Attack coach. Forwards coach would give been quite an interesting appointment!

Is it attack coach then? I was quite surprised to read forwards coach there!

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, I mean Mercer is 23 and he's already convinced there is nothing he can do to break into that squad. And no wonder he's feeling like that after watching big fat Billy V flopping about during the 6 nation's being absolutely shite. In fact, apart from Italy, I don't think there was a single game England's back row weren't dominated by their opponents.

Torn on this Leinster v Exeter game. Two pretty cunty teams. Probably hate Leinster more.

England have often seemed to have a problem with persisting with previously top class players who are taking a nose dive, and Billy V is that rn, the idea that a guy with his well publicized work rate issues would stay sharp enough in the second was a big misstep from eddie.

Hard to move on guys who have just made a world cup final and won the following 6N and autumn nations cup though. He'll refresh next year and they'll be good again no doubt, as much as the inevitable dips are v funny Jones is no mug 

31 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

England have often seemed to have a problem with persisting with previously top class players who are taking a nose dive, and Billy V is that rn, the idea that a guy with his well publicized work rate issues would stay sharp enough in the second was a big misstep from eddie.

Hard to move on guys who have just made a world cup final and won the following 6N and autumn nations cup though. He'll refresh next year and they'll be good again no doubt, as much as the inevitable dips are v funny Jones is no mug 

Totally agree, it'll work out well for Eddie in the end, but he does seem to upset a lot of players in the process. We are in the middle of a world cup cycle and he's managed to lose Mercer at 23 and Redpath at 21, two young guys who are absolutely ready to step up and will be at the right age in 2023, and seemingly he's lost them just because he's a bit of a twat.

35 minutes ago, GAD said:

Totally agree, it'll work out well for Eddie in the end, but he does seem to upset a lot of players in the process. We are in the middle of a world cup cycle and he's managed to lose Mercer at 23 and Redpath at 21, two young guys who are absolutely ready to step up and will be at the right age in 2023, and seemingly he's lost them just because he's a bit of a twat.

Oh aye, the murmurs around players just now are I'm sure just England trying to prevent this becoming a thing, which could prove a real issue for them leaking players.

That being said I hope Odogwu goes to italy just to be one step closer to one of the most fun potential back lines ever:

15. Allan (I know he doesn't play there but for the bit) 14. Minozzi 13. Odogwu 12. Canna 11. ioane 10. Garbisi 9. Varney.

Would arguably ship more but would score at least 3 great tries a game. 

I think with Toonie taking attacks coach then DVM, Hogg, Russell and possibly Harris goes.
I actually think Sexton misses out here, he will take Bigger and Russell and will also take Farnell who can also cover centre. Sure Hogg could even cover stand off.
Sexton is far too injury prone and his attitude when he gets taken off is embarrassing.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I think with Toonie taking attacks coach then DVM, Hogg, Russell and possibly Harris goes.
I actually think Sexton misses out here, he will take Bigger and Russell and will also take Farnell who can also cover centre. Sure Hogg could even cover stand off.
Sexton is far too injury prone and his attitude when he gets taken off is embarrassing.

It would be some scenes if Gatland didn't pick Sexton for the tour. This would be dropping O'Driscoll x100. I would fucking love it.

It would be some scenes if Gatland didn't pick Sexton for the tour. This would be dropping O'Driscoll x100. I would fucking love it.
Thing is he will take Bigger and farrell. Farrell because Gatland loves him and he can play centre. There really is only room for one more, Russell or Sexton.. I can see Sexton not going, the Irish seethe would be magnificent....