Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mike Adamson and Neil Paterson making life hard for themselves in the Bordeaux-Bristol game.

from what i see online Bristol fans are saying Adamson had an ok game but was let down with the 2 French assistants and the TMO(who was also let down by the French TV director). 

58 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Well Gatland now has excuse to not pick Watson and DVM

He's going to have a problem justifying picking Gareth Davies, Wyn Jones, Ken Owens and Liam Williams then as all of them are having an absolute nightmare against Sale right now. In fact Owens and Davies have already been hooked.

7 minutes ago, SteveThePirate said:

I didn’t think there would be a worse result across the weekend than Edinburgh’s but fair play to the Scarlets, helping Sale bag a record points total in Europe is some going.

Saw a guy on Twitter saying a bunch of massive South Africans walking over the top of some feeble Welshmen didn't exactly bode well for the summer. Not going down well with Welsh rugby Twitter at all.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's a worrying sign for Scottish rugby that both Edinburgh and Glasgow are so poor. 

I don't see a lot of their Pro14 games because of Premier Sports, but they see to have regressed big time. As said above, they have a few world class players, but by God there is some utter dross in their teams. 

Look at Edinburgh today....on paper, their pack looks competitive. But then the game starts and they look pathetic. I suppose the warning signs were there when Bradbury lines up at lock.

Then look at the backs. Full of players that are nowhere near good enough for top level rugby.....Pyrgos, Hoyland, Taylor, Johnstone, Kinghorn at stand off (why). 

The first responsibility of Scotland's two professional clubs is to develop and supply Scottish players to the international side. It seems at this moment in time, we seem to be standing still. 

Yes, we have a bit of a golden generation in Hogg, Watson, et al. But I see nobody in either the Edinburgh or Glasgow teams that is likely to be knocking on the door in a year or so....maybe I'm just being harsh here. Is there anyone ?

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's a worrying sign for Scottish rugby that both Edinburgh and Glasgow are so poor. 

I don't see a lot of their Pro14 games because of Premier Sports, but they see to have regressed big time. As said above, they have a few world class players, but by God there is some utter dross in their teams. 

Look at Edinburgh today....on paper, their pack looks competitive. But then the game starts and they look pathetic. I suppose the warning signs were there when Bradbury lines up at lock.

Then look at the backs. Full of players that are nowhere near good enough for top level rugby.....Pyrgos, Hoyland, Taylor, Johnstone, Kinghorn at stand off (why). 

The first responsibility of Scotland's two professional clubs is to develop and supply Scottish players to the international side. It seems at this moment in time, we seem to be standing still. 

Yes, we have a bit of a golden generation in Hogg, Watson, et al. But I see nobody in either the Edinburgh or Glasgow teams that is likely to be knocking on the door in a year or so....maybe I'm just being harsh here. Is there anyone ?

Dobie, Thompson and McLean at Glasgow will undoubtedly be Scotland internationals in the near future and I think all three of them are under 21 at the moment.

We will bring them in from the SH

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Ioane banned for 5 games after last week's red card.

His discipline and subsequent cards have made him a liability. His loan from London Irish goes till the end of the season. He's best heading back now.

I hope Danny Wilson isn't looking to sign him... 

Edinburgh have signed Bristol Bears Academy winger Freddie Owsley, who is Scottish qualified through his grandfather, who used to play for Queen's Park. His sister Lily Owsley was a member of GB's Gold medal winning Olympic Hockey team in Rio, and scored in the final.

18 hours ago, come on shire said:

His discipline and subsequent cards have made him a liability. His loan from London Irish goes till the end of the season. He's best heading back now.

I hope Danny Wilson isn't looking to sign him... 

I think he has been carded in every game i have seen him play in this year

26 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I see redpath is back for bath this weekend. Good news that he's over injury.
Are Scotland playing any matches in summer, usually they tour even in Lions years? Persume covid has probably prevented this?

we play england at the SoFi Stadium in California on the 10th july and Romania a week later in Bucharest