Rugby Union

kiwififer

12 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

My bolter is Chris Harris.

I know lots don't like him, but I do.  I think he's a terrific player, hard-as-nails, terrific tackler and the best defender in that 13 channel in the competition.

The centre positions will be tough, tough, tough decisions (even if you leave Farrell behind, which won't happen).

Yours

aDONis

I'm with you on Harris. His versatility makes him worth it on a slimmed squad. I kinda think he is a Gatland like player. Watson has to go too. 

18 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed to an extent but it’s a big deal to have been a Lion. Our own Andy Nicol is a good example having been a late replacement and on two tours, one of which when he was on holiday in Australia, but still has being a British Lion on his CV. He played 6 minutes for the Lions on the first tour but is a Lion nonetheless.
I’d certainly leave a Scottish tour to be a Lion if offered the chance.
Edit to add I’ve no idea if Nicol did leave a Scottish tour to join the Lions just using him as an example of the opportunity that might arise.

Not sure if he left the tour in 1993, as there is some overlap on the dates, but it was a non-cap tour of the Pacific Islands which ended about a month before the Lions tour did.

His story in 2001 is brilliant though. He was in Australia on a supporters tour, and came down off the Sydney Harbour Bridge to be told he'd be sitting on the bench for the third Test. He was basically on a piss up jolly, but had his boots just in case. He was selected for the random drugs test after the game, and got a letter from Australian Anti-doping when he got home which said he had passed the drugs screening, but they hoped he hadn't been driving after the game with all the alcohol in his system!

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Not the Glasgow team I wanted to see but I think they can do it tomorrow.
I would have liked to have seen 10. Thompson 13. Jones 15 Hastings but i see the case for going with experience.

Can you post team m8

SjUZGjoh?format=jpg&name=small

Montpellier look on paper, no idea what kind of form they are in.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
11 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Not the Glasgow team I wanted to see but I think they can do it tomorrow.
I would have liked to have seen 10. Thompson 13. Jones 15 Hastings but i see the case for going with experience.

Can you post team m8

SjUZGjoh?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Detournement

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not sure if he left the tour in 1993, as there is some overlap on the dates, but it was a non-cap tour of the Pacific Islands which ended about a month before the Lions tour did.

His story in 2001 is brilliant though. He was in Australia on a supporters tour, and came down off the Sydney Harbour Bridge to be told he'd be sitting on the bench for the third Test. He was basically on a piss up jolly, but had his boots just in case. He was selected for the random drugs test after the game, and got a letter from Australian Anti-doping when he got home which said he had passed the drugs screening, but they hoped he hadn't been driving after the game with all the alcohol in his system!

Magnificent. 😄

Would rather have Jones at 13 and Smith at 15 and Grigg on the bench but otherwise looks fairly solid.

Although looking at the Montpellier side, that must be close to full strength from them, always gives me the fear when I recognise more that half the players in a French team

Looks like Lenstier will get a walkover this weekend as one of the Toulon team has had a positive test. With tonights game now canceled and the next round next week.

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Racing 92 at the Paris La Defense Arena, Heineken Champions Cup

Sunday 4 April (kick-off 12.30pm BST) – live on BT Sport

15. Damien Hoyland (81)

14. Darcy Graham (38)
13. James Johnstone (61)
12. George Taylor (32)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (64)

10. Blair Kinghorn (97)
9. Henry Pyrgos VICE CAPTAIN (48)

1. Pierre Schoeman (59)
2. David Cherry (33)
3. WP Nel (151)
4. Magnus Bradbury (94)
5. Grant Gilchrist CAPTAIN (157)
6. Jamie Ritchie (73)
7. Hamish Watson (118)
8. Viliame Mata (85)

Substitutes:
16. Mike Willemse (35)
17. Boan Venter (3)
18.Simon Berghan (89)
19. Mesu Kunavula (7)
20. Luke Crosbie (53)
21. Charlie Shiel (31)
22. Jaco van de Walt (70)
23. Mark Bennett (52)

Unavailable due to injury [12]: Lewis Carmichael, Nathan Chamberlain, Andrew Davidson, Chris Dean, Dan Gamble, Sam Grahamslaw, Nick Haining, Stuart McInally, Fraser McKenzie, Dan Nutton, Rory Sutherland, Ben Toolis

Hamish Watson voted Player of the Tournament.
Was listening to a podcast with Sam Warburton and Sean O'brien. It really is amazing how invisible Scottish players are to them. Appreciate they will be somewhat biased, but some of their picks were laughable. Watson, DVM, Harris, Sutherland and Price never even got a mention.

Looks like Lenstier will get a walkover this weekend as one of the Toulon team has had a positive test. With tonights game now canceled and the next round next week.
More info one player had the positive test on Wednesday rest were negative after a full round of negative tests on Monday. Toulon contacted EPCR told to travel without said player and arrive in Dublin 24hrs before kick off. All players a s staff retested last night all came back negative and then hours before kick off told that the match is cancelled.