Rugby Union

kiwififer

Very much a missed opportunity. 

On one hand we were shite in the Ireland game but they scored a try that wasn't a try and a concussed Russell cost us a few points. Outplayed though so fair enough. 

Wales though...... Gary Graham taking the ball from Cummings and a TMO that only saw Scottish infringements fucked us. Still hurting. 

The main thing is our pack matches anyone and we now go into every game with a good chance to win. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

On one hand we were shite in the Ireland game but they scored a try that wasn't a try and a concussed Russell cost us a few points. Outplayed though so fair enough. 

Wales though...... Gary Graham taking the ball from Cummings and a TMO that only saw Scottish infringements fucked us. Still hurting. 

The main thing is our pack matches anyone and we now go into every game with a good chance to win. 

Yeah, and there is a bit if depth there as well. Haining, Turner, Cherry, Gilchrist, none of them first picks, but all excellent tonight. Wilson did his bit when he came on as well.

2 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I think that Dave Cherry might be my new favourite player.

I'm sure he was playing in the French 5th division a few years ago. 30 years old as well. Legend.

6 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I think that Dave Cherry might be my new favourite player.

It's always great to see a good hooker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend told me that 😉

We've been kinda blessed over the years, chief

Edited by hearthammer

Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

Aye, 4th level with Stade Nicois. Decent quality at that level, very fighty too.

Well he's taken his chance so fair fucks to him. Hooker is quite a weak spot for the Lions as well...

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Agreed, the expectation needs to meet the reality of how good we are now. Need to be near our best more consistently and can the chat of learning lessons and getting better. 

That said it's a massive missed opportunity, a couple of teams on a real downswing and could have done better. Still, will take wins at Twickenham and Paris any day 

That is absolutely glorious. Magic finish from Duhan VDM. 

Damien Penaud should have booted the ball out the park but played on and lost a penalty instead so we have him to thank to an extent. However the work to find the win was excellent. 

Edited by come on shire

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Well he's taken his chance so fair fucks to him. Hooker is quite a weak spot for the Lions as well...

Nice are quite a decent team too. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the professional ranks next season. Topping the table of a league that have a few former Top 14 teams in it. Definitely a team to look out for.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen