Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They can't qualify for the Champions Cup anyway so it doesn't matter.

They might have had an outside chance do they not if they got LBP. 4th might be enough to get a place. Never mind a try was not getting you anywhere!

Edited by flyingscot

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Shameful thuggery even after mitigation by the identity and coupon of the victim.

Compleat with the normal defense that it is the Irish player fault as he should not be holding him down. 

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The Welsh fans don't like it either...

Yeah.  I saw some of that before. It seems to be that the more we talk about online abuse the more it's happening at he moment, it's very easy to pick up a phone and fire off an abusive message 

Yeah.  I saw some of that before. It seems to be that the more we talk about online abuse the more it's happening at he moment, it's very easy to pick up a phone and fire off an abusive message 
It's the fact that they go out of their way to tag the object of their abuse, in this case Liam Williams. (@sanjaywills is his twitter handle).

6 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

It's pretty abject. I can't even find it in myself to insult the referee or Peter Horne.

When a Scottish rugby fan is tired of insulting referees and Peter Horne, he is tired of life.

If Wilson had started playing the kids a few months earlier, and not stuck with the older squad players and loanee's I think we would have qualified for the Champions cup. Dobie, Thompson and McLean have probably been our 3 best players this season, although thats more to do with the Scotland players have hardly played, and n one else looks interested.

As bad as this season has been im looking forward to next as I think the squad is looking good with the new additions.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I quite like Pete Horne. Was a very underrated player at his peak in my opinion.

Aye he was never top level but look through our big wins and performances since cotter came in and he shows up a lot. Played beyond his true level for Scotland for quite a while and when he reverted to type it was very noticable with the butchered chances or intercepts he threw.

Good BP win for Scotland but Italy are panties. We lost to Ireland but at least we got back in the game. England looked clueless and Keith Earls 1st try was clever and left Elliot Daly wrong footed and on his arse. The red card spell didn't work for Wales this weekend. Jalibert and Ntamack out for France will help Scotland but unless we slip a laxitive into Antoine Dupont's coffee we're getting scudded. However the Scottish Rugby FB forum will still be full of apologetics. 

Glasgow have had 1 red card and 16 yellows which is the worst discipline in the league. However the bright point was Fraser Brown returning and Rufus McLean's try. He's a Scottish Rees-Zammit. Nakarawa and Hastings aren't interested it seems. Dragons are stuffy and nothing else but Richard Hibbard, Ross Moriarty and Jamie Roberts bring experience. It's Hell at Rodney Parade but I thought the Principality stadium would suit our running game but we weren't good enough. 

The only way into the Champions Cup now's to win the Challenge Cup or hope 4th's enough. Next weekend we need to beat Benneton at home (preferably with a BP) then hope Edinburgh don't lose at the Dragons. 

Next season's fully Danny Wilson and his coaching team's squad. We're putting an impressive squad together and Ross Thompson and Rufus McLean are the best youngsters I've ever seen. They'll get a full pre season with the squad too where discipline will need sorted. Let this season slip but if we're not competitive next season then the buck's with the coaches. 

Edited by come on shire