Rugby Union

kiwififer

32 minutes ago, GAD said:

See if a maul is formed at a lineout, with a team in clear possession and the defending team collapse it, then it's a penalty. So how come if a maul is formed in open play as part of a tackle, the defensive team can drop it as soon as the ref calls maul and they get a scrum?

Lol after my laws holocaust yesterday I shouldn't answer this but I think it's because the open play maul always has a defender attached to the ball carrier/ball.

McLean looks a bit special. 

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Glasgow have a lot of promise, but they are brainless at times. 

Second half has been a complete shitshow. No discipline, so many mistakes. Dragons have been OK but it's been easy for them.

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know some people don't like the Lions, but the possibility of a back row of Tom Curry, Hamish Watson and Taulupe Faletau, with a back 3 of Louis Rees-Zammit, Anthony Watson and Stuart Hogg is something I definitely want to see.

I'm not a supporter of the Lions, but there's no way I wouldn't watch their tests because they're always great spectacles. Last time I had a slight preference for NZ, this time I'll probably prefer the Lions (because, y'know, South Africa). But I won't be supporting them, just watching for the great rugby.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Personally, I'd take Russell because he is the wild card - the one who he can bring off the bench to change it up.

If you take Russell do you leave out one or more of Sexton, Ford and Biggar? For me, he's behind all three and you don't need four stand offs. 

Just now, peasy23 said:

Surely you kick the penalty first, then you have more space to try and score from further out?

I think the pressure and yellow cards are worth it. Glasgow just rank at that- brainless one up carries. Look at how Dragons convert from 1m out.

I haven't watched much rugby recently. In fact, the Scotland game was the first match I'd watched in goodness knows how long. The Welsh capitulation being the second.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Glasgow don't seem to have improved since Rennie left.
They have regressed considerably imo from the games I've seen. Admittedly the standard of player is worse too.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Glasgow don't seem to have improved since Rennie left.

Never mind improved- matching what was being achieved under Rennie would be good.

Players have aged, people gone backwards. They need a complete rebuild. Few young boys are good but brainless rugby persist. 

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

They have regressed considerably imo from the games I've seen. Admittedly the standard of player is worse too.

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Never mind improved- matching what was being achieved under Rennie would be good.

Players have aged, people gone backwards. They need a complete rebuild. Few young boys are good but brainless rugby persist. 

It's pretty abject. I can't even find it in myself to insult the referee or Peter Horne.