Rugby Union

kiwififer

Stuart Hogg looks to have hurt his knee today for Exeter. Hopefully not too serious......he stayed on for about 5 minutes after it happened so presumably not too bad. 
Johnny Gray among the try scorers as the Chiefs eventually won comfortably.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Portugal's 7s teams have been pretty competitive for a while, so it's no real surprise that their backs will look sharp. They definitely need a couple of monsters though!

There under 20's have been really strong for a few seasons as well, a lot of them now bedding down in the senior squad

15 hours ago, Detournement said:

If we had Wilson rather than Graham on the bench versus Wales we would have won.

That's very much a Captain Hindsight opinion though. 

I agree. I've never understood why Wilson is so hated by Scottish rugby fans. I'd have him back for Scotland this weekend.

Sean Maitland and Tim Swinson both scored tries as Saracens list their Championship season opener in Penzance against the Cornish Pirates. Sarries were without their English international contingent but still had 7 others with 165 caps between them starting the match.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Sean Maitland and Tim Swinson both scored tries as Saracens list their Championship season opener in Penzance against the Cornish Pirates. Sarries were without their English international contingent but still had 7 others with 165 caps between them starting the match.

It's a truncated league but the top 2 play a 2 legged play off to go up. Sarries will still cigar it overall. 

However the Cornish Pirates really keel hauled them. I was expecting Sarries to win all their games. 

Glasgow were pretty average yesterday but found a way to get the BP win. Ospreys lost at "home" to the Dragons which is a huge favour. We've got a game in hand over the Ospreys and I don't see them winning in Dublin in a fortnight. If we beat Ospreys at home on Friday night, then win at the Dragons the weekend after then beat Benneton at home the week after that we'll get 3rd and sneak the Champions Cup. 

However if we need to settle for 4th doesn't that give us a shout at the Champions Cup too? 

It's a truncated league but the top 2 play a 2 legged play off to go up. Sarries will still cigar it overall. 
However the Cornish Pirates really keel hauled them. I was expecting Sarries to win all their games. 
I thought they would go unbeaten too, that will be a wake up call for them that they will have a big target on their backs for every other team in the division.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
5 minutes ago, come on shire said:

I thought they would go unbeaten too, that will be a wake up call for them that they will have a big target on their backs for every other team in the division.

Yeah, their next game next weekend is their 1st home game vs Jersey Reds. They'll cigar that imo. They won't make the same mistake twice. 

Edited by come on shire