Rugby Union

kiwififer

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

At least it ended well for her.

Pretty sure unless you follow people who are saying bad things about you, or you have notifications set to appear on your phone when someone @ mentions you - then you need to consciously go into your notifications and check your mentions to see the abuse/feedback. Think if it was me I'd have avoided doing that after the game...

3 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

England's defence on the other side was set though, May(?) was out on the far touchline and the rest of their players on that side were lined up spread out.

I don't agree with that at all, I don't think they were remotely set. This is when the ref blew time on:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 13.52.19.png

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

We are looking to be building a decent squad for next season, and with how well some of the youngsters are playing im a bit more confident for next season.

Im hoping Thomson gets some decent game time next year, I hope him and Weir get equal time as he looks a cracking prospect, as does Dobie. They are both not flashy, just seem to do the basics really well.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I see the French covid outbreak started with a coach who left the squad bubble to watch his kid play rugby....

Minter having to play this at a time when Scotlands squad will be depleted.

I would much rather get this played at some point than take the forfeit, but if they want us to play when we can't have all our players available they can get right in the sea.

The French rugby authorities reaction has been pretty shite. Kind of "f**k you here's when we want to play the game". If the SRU had reacted that way there whining would be deafening, especially as it seems the outbreak is absolutely the fault of not only the coach, but the players as well. I'm not really sure, in the grand scheme of avoiding Covid and maintaining your bubble, that going out team handed for waffles in Rome is really any better than the Saracens players going out for pints in London.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't agree with that at all, I don't think they were remotely set. This is when the ref blew time on:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 13.52.19.png

Looking at that still it is not just the fact that England are not set both sides have water carriers on the pitch so the match definitely shouldn't restart till they leave the pitch. Also the ref has admitted he got the 1st 2 Welsh tries both wrong 

7 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Looking at that still it is not just the fact that England are not set both sides have water carriers on the pitch so the match definitely shouldn't restart till they leave the pitch. Also the ref has admitted he got the 1st 2 Welsh tries both wrong 

AWJ should have told him and had them chalked off.

On 28/02/2021 at 01:52, Arch Stanton said:

Some journalist on twitter saying it's the worst refereeing performance he's ever seen.

He obviously didn't watch the WC QF between Scotland and Australia in 2015.

Craig Joubert was so embarrassed by awarding that last minute penalty to Aus that he fucked off down the tunnel before anyone had a chance to shake his hand or knock f**k out of him.

Was Joubert the ref at Murrayfield in the 6 nations when Wales refused to take the hit at the scrum and Scotland were continuately penalised for pushing early? It was an absolute joke, everyone, apart from Joubert, could see what the f**k was going on. I honestly thought he might have been Irish. 

16 minutes ago, Bialystock said:

Was Joubert the ref at Murrayfield in the 6 nations when Wales refused to take the hit at the scrum and Scotland were continuately penalised for pushing early? It was an absolute joke, everyone, apart from Joubert, could see what the f**k was going on. I honestly thought he might have been Irish. 

We had Pascal Gaüzère in 2019, Lacey in 2017, Glen Jackson(now a coach with Fiji) in 2015, Craig Joubert(set a record for number of penalties were attempted in a match) in 2013, Clancy in 2011 and Rolland in 2009.

I have seen reports that we have told the Six Nations to f**k off with the first date offerd to play the France game ( 9th March) due to it not being 14 days since the last French covid tests. We will probably tell them to f**k off again with the 2nd date (26th March) unless we get our non Scotland bassesd players released(France have have there full team to pick from but the Top 14 woukd like the game played earlier that week)

I genuinely found myself wanting England to win against Wales on Saturday. Awful officiating, coupled with the fact that Wales have just been outright jammy this far in the tournament and the fact that Gatland will see any Welsh success in the 6 nations this season as a justification for picking a majority Welsh Lions squad saw me wanting them pumped. Wales have been utterly dreadful for about two years but you just know that the Lions will end up dull of them.

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I genuinely found myself wanting England to win against Wales on Saturday. Awful officiating, coupled with the fact that Wales have just been outright jammy this far in the tournament and the fact that Gatland will see any Welsh success in the 6 nations this season as a justification for picking a majority Welsh Lions squad saw me wanting them pumped. Wales have been utterly dreadful for about two years but you just know that the Lions will end up dull of them.

Quality typo.

With the dust settled after the weekend you've got to say, Wales have proven they have the players for the crunch moments. 24-all, 15 minutes to go, England have the momentum; now what? Wales just got their sh*t done. When the pressure is on they don't wobble, they do their business, even when they've got injuries and made substitutions. There are very few Scottish players about whom you could say that with confidence. Our squad have never been competitive after the second matchday of a Six Nations and they're unproven at international level when the pressure is really on.

Facebook and Twitter are great fun the now as people are only just realising that world rugby have dropped the word Women form one of the 2 world cups in 2019. Due the the one due to be held this year (the womens one) probably being delayed a year.