Rugby Union

kiwififer

13 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Antoine Dupont, Mohamed Haouas, Gabin Villière, Arthur Vincent,  Julien Marchand, Cyril Baille, Peato Mauvaka, Romain Taofifenua, Charles Ollivon and Brice Dulin

Just seen this on FB😂

BREAKING: 6Nations officials announce Wales will play France this weekend instead of Scotland. 

In a further twist, the customary red card awarded to Wales’ opponents will be issued before kick off to ease the burden on France having to find enough players for a full XV.

53 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

They want the match to happen this weekend as mutch as we do as they will be without 23 players if it is played outside an international window

I know, but the game isn't going to go ahead if they are still recording positive cases now, is it? I don't even reckon Sturgeon would let the team travel the way it is now, even if the 6 nation's demanded it.

Trying to think what a Scotland XV made up only of Edinburgh and Glasgow players would look like right now. I guess Ritchie Gray instead of his brother, Hastings, Johnson and Jones at 10/12/13, DVM, Graham and Kinghorn as the back 3. Bench would be a lot lighter on quality.

14 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

The SRU should refuse to play whatever rescheduled date is come up with without guarantees that Scotland's foreign based players will be released and made available.

Don't think the SRU are in international rugby's good books following the Storm Hagibis debacle.

Will France not be missing their players too? Or will they come to a convenient arrangement to release all French-based players as I think Finn is our only players based over there. 

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

Don't think the SRU are in international rugby's good books following the Storm Hagibis debacle.

Will France not be missing their players too? Or will they come to a convenient arrangement to release all French-based players as I think Finn is our only players based over there. 

It's surely easier for the FFR to secure the release of their players than for the SRU to get English clubs to release ours? And as a smaller country we have much less depth so it's a bigger issue for us. 

What really pisses me off is Ireland potentially getting an extra week to prepare. Honestly, I'd give up both the France and Italy games for a convincing win against those pr!cks.

Couple of interesting picks for Wales on Saturday. North at 13 forcing JD out of position at 12 when Halaholo (who I thought was excellent the other week) is on the bench. Biggar gets the nod over sheedy again. Convinced this is a dead cat's bounce for Pivac but they've still some group of players down there. That back 3 is very exciting

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
18 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
So Scotland will be fucked over here, 28 0 victory should be awarded ala Lyon...or game played in autumn

Rumours that it could be rearranged for Saturday 3rd July, which is the date of the first Lions test.

When the only guarantee is that France won’t be missing any players.

Sounds extremely sensible

In other news I see Fagerson's punishment has been "upheld" but in reality has not as they have decided to include all the Glasgow games he wouldn't have played in anyway, so in reality it's a two match ban and he should be back for the Italy game.