Rugby Union

kiwififer

This is going to be peak Scotland vs Wales. Should have been sixteen points ahead and only concerned about whether we would get a bonus point.
This, nobody to blame but ourselves. Should have been well ahead and controlling the game, instead we end up playing the game Wales want to play.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think it's a yellow.

But that's the problem with rugby rules - so open to interpretation

I agree, I think it's a yellow because Hogg pulls the player's head up into Fagerson's clear-out, which is what the TMO said.

Ref was never going with that though.

All about the ref. Look at me. As bad as football refs
Unpopular opinion but the quality of refereeing in your average six nations game is much worse than anything you see in football with VAR.

For so few games, there are dodgy match changing decisions. It's a much easier sport to get these things right as well.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We've absolutely cunted this, not the referee. 

Yep. Let them back into it before half-time and didn't reestablish a comfortable lead when we were in their 22. We could have had this out of sight long before the red card and no one else is to blame for that.

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

Carley had made his mind up before seeing relevant views but that doesn't change the fact it was a clear red.

We never should have got ourselves into this position anyway.

How was it a "clear" red when the TMO said it wasn't? Red was an option but it can't be clear when one of the officials didn't think it was.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Ref absolutely wanted it to be red. He also didn't want to give us our try, and didn't go back for the advantage. We're not getting equal refereeing here.

He's wasted this game.

We didnt have an advantage when we went over - assuming this was the Cummings/Graham situation. 

Just now, GordonS said:

How was it a "clear" red when the TMO said it wasn't? Red was an option but it can't be clear when one of the officials didn't think it was.

Your logic is that no referee has ever made a wrong decision, even after multiple viewings, and therefore it can't be clear?