Rugby Union

kiwififer

10 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I saw a friend post this pic on Facebook last night and the amount of people that went on moaning about ‘social distancing and Covid guidance’ was amazing.
They soon shut up when he pointed out it was from the win at Murrayfield a few years ago.

Surely Barclay being in the picture is a giveaway it isn’t recent 🤣

8 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

1) But you'll get on your high-horse anyway.

I do watch rugby. Plenty of rugby of both codes has been going ahead with no taking a knee or with some doing it and some not. You're jumping in to something you (as you say yourself) are uninformed about and throwing around slaggings. It's ridiculous.

Your 'bare minimum' comment is contemptible. You know nothing about these guys and what they do or do not do. Who makes you the arbiter of 'bare minimum'?

2) No, it's not. I've watched football matches, rugby of both codes, basketball, and cricket where nobody has been following this supposedly 'universal' convention. Not sure how little sport you must watch if you think this is 'universal'.

3) Of course you do. You can do whatever you want. But if you're going to judge people in the public sphere, especially as you're someone who has something of a platform, you owe it to those people to be informed before you wade in spouting complete nonsense and making allegations about people's character from a position of ignorance.

It's a special mindset to confess to ignorance of how a sport is dealing with an issue, then seize the moral high-ground from a group of guys who have obviously had internal discussions over weeks and months with teammates, managers etc. Doesn't matter how they arrived there, you can just decide they are 'comfortable with structural racism'.

Get a grip of yourself.

I genuinely think it's now tokenistic pish of the worst kind.  

For all I get frustrated watching Chunkan Weir waddle around doing nothing, for the most part Scotland try to play fluent rugby.  Screw watching either of these teams on a regular basis.  Imagine this was the first rugby match you ever saw. 

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

At half-time yesterday I was doom-laden; Scotland had bettered England for the vast bulk of the opening forty minutes yet after England clawed their way back they went in only two points ahead and faced the next eight minutes a man down. Yet incredibly (to me anyway), they not only kept England at bay, they actually increased their lead and that as much as anything was a barometer of the game. And to anyone taking the 'Scotland pish, England pisher' line, sometimes rugby union is muscular chess, a physical and tactical war of attrition but that doesn't diminish the Scottish performance.

That first 10 minutes of the second half won the game for us.

The fact that we scored with 14 men must have been like a dagger in the heart for England.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

For all I get frustrated watching Chunkan Weir waddle around doing nothing, for the most part Scotland try to play fluent rugby.  Screw watching either of these teams on a regular basis.  Imagine this was the first rugby match you ever 

It's like watching some fat lads in their 40s trying to play American football. It's all just set piece plays coming to nothing 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's like watching some fat lads in their 40s trying to play American football. It's all just set piece plays coming to nothing 

That makes me think of the Pie and Bovril regulars for some reason.