Rugby Union

kiwififer

10 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Bloody lovely try that.

It's funny watching this game, I've played with quite a few of these guys (and against even more) in the last 3 or 4 seasons in the Prem. Maybe makes point that club rugby isn't as crap as Dodson claims.

Do you play for Ayr?

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:
7 minutes ago, GAD said:
Do you play for Ayr?

Nah, Currie.

Nice one, I take it you guys still haven't played since March? I bet these teams are missing the premiership right now anyway.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How the f**k is that a yellow card? Penalty the other way

He's straight off his feet at the breakdown, and when it's a line break most refs will view it as cynical.  I actually dont think it was cynical, but he did go off his feet.  

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How the f**k is that a yellow card? Penalty the other way

It's incredibly harsh. Even a penalty is quite harsh, but to throw a yellow there, miles from the line? f**k off.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

He's straight off his feet at the breakdown, and when it's a line break most refs will view it as cynical.  I actually dont think it was cynical, but he did go off his feet.  

He wasn't though, every replay showed his hands on the ball, and him on his feet.

I agree if it's a penalty against him, then it's cynical and a yellow, but he did nothing illegal.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Nice one, I take it you guys still haven't played since March? I bet these teams are missing the premiership right now anyway.

Yeah our last game was against Musselburgh.  It was gutting for us because we had two semis to look forward to.  I'm also 31 now and depending on what gets decided about when we can restart my days may be numbered.  Especially if we bring in these rules that the RFU did to do away with scrums and mauls while covid is still going. I'm an old slow prop with hands like frying pans. 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

He wasn't though, every replay showed his hands on the ball, and him on his feet.

I agree if it's a penalty against him, then it's cynical and a yellow, but he did nothing illegal.

The laws were changed this year, hands on the ball is not enough. You have to pull on the ball and not go beyond it with your hands or just rest on it.   He's not supporting his own bodyweight - you're also not going to get away with just leaning on the tackled player with your legs.  It is harsh, but by the letter of the law it is a penalty - I've seen those given either way mind

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is it a 3 game series for the 1872 again this year? I thought they were maybe trying to get the aggregate score in their favour

Yeah it's a three game series from what I understand.  Would have thought securing the win would have been more important, but at least (from a Glasgow point of view) it didnt cost them the win

Yeah our last game was against Musselburgh.  It was gutting for us because we had two semis to look forward to.  I'm also 31 now and depending on what gets decided about when we can restart my days may be numbered.  Especially if we bring in these rules that the RFU did to do away with scrums and mauls while covid is still going. I'm an old slow prop with hands like frying pans. 

The laws were changed this year, hands on the ball is not enough. You have to pull on the ball and not go beyond it with your hands or just rest on it.   He's not supporting his own bodyweight - you're also not going to get away with just leaning on the tackled player with your legs.  It is harsh, but by the letter of the law it is a penalty - I've seen those given either way mind

I'm aware of the law change, it's actually something I'd been screaming for for years, I absolutely hated when players put their hands on the ground and scooped it as they got blasted backwards on the clearout.

I felt he was on his feet, Adamson obviously disagreed!

Ross Thompson confirming there that the players are as ignorant as me with regard to the 1872 rules this year!

Yeah it's a three game series from what I understand.  Would have thought securing the win would have been more important, but at least (from a Glasgow point of view) it didnt cost them the win

From the interview there, the Glasgow players thought it was a 2 game cup!

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm aware of the law change, it's actually something I'd been screaming for for years, I absolutely hated when players put their hands on the ground and scooped it as they got blasted backwards on the clearout.

I felt he was on his feet, Adamson obviously disagreed!

Ross Thompson confirming there that the players are as ignorant as me with regard to the 1872 rules this year!

The reverse angle showed he initially wasn't supporting his bodyweight, knee on the tackled player is off his feet. 

Adamson can be a bit peculiar with his decisions mind, certainly in my experience anyway. 

I do agree that rule needed brought in - far too easy to just get a grip of the ball and win a penalty by getting smashed. 

Edited by super_carson

2 minutes ago, super_carson said:

The reverse angle showed he initially wasn't supporting his bodyweight, knee on the tackled player is off his feet. 

Adamson can be a bit peculiar with his decisions mind, certainly in my experience anyway. 

Yeah agreed, but at least he's decisive and doesn't fanny about, especially at the scrum. I think there were only about 2 or 3 resets tonight?

Thought Ross Thompson was excellent. That performance should be enough to see him as first choice until the summer at least.