Rugby Union

kiwififer

Tom English doesn't half talk some amount of pish nowadays.

The home team mucking about and doing some light training on areas of the pitch that are fine, and the away team probably looking to get away from the stadium quickly = very interesting psychology.

Screenshot_20210108-193253_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Jaggy Snake

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

1872 game aff. Bits of the pitch have frozen

i assume it is similar to the france v ireland game in 2012 and the pitch is freezing in front of the ref 

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Tom English doesn't half talk some pish nowadays.

The home team mucking about and doing some light training on areas of the pitch that are fine and the away team probably looking to get away quite quickly = very interesting psychology.

Screenshot_20210108-193253_Chrome~2.jpg

with both head coaches putting  him straight 

Glasgow Warriors head coach Danny Wilson on Premier Sport: "The weather has got the better of us. Ultimately the boys have got to the stage of doing full scrums out there and it wouldn’t hold a stud so it’s not safe to play on. In this season, it’s one of many things that have surprised us.

"It’s frustrating. We trained on it Thursday morning, but it was fine for our team run yesterday. I’m waiting to find out what that means in terms of being rescheduled and when we’ll play.

"The pitch has been worked on literally all day, all of yesterday. As you get closer and closer to kick-off, it’s getting colder and colder, and there is always that risk. Lunchtime, it was absolutely fine, but it keeps getting colder."

Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill on Premier Sport: "We're disappointed, the two teams want to play. The guys have tried to scrummage and there’s no purchase and they’re slipping straight on their face. International forwards are saying they can’t scrummage on it. Player safety is paramount.

"The forecast was cold all day and to get colder as tonight went on. It is an all-weather pitch, so I’m not quite sure how that works. But it’s no-one’s fault, you’d have preferred it to be looked earlier and we don’t get to this point for everyone’s sake.

"It’s been a messy season, just another spanner in the works."

In the Exeter-Bristol game, Luke Cowan-Dickie has just tackled Kyle Sinckler round the ankles. Sinckler screamed "Are you fucking serious?" at the ref, got a warning, then the ref and the TMO decided it was a dangerous tackle because LCD went too low.

Absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

In the Exeter-Bristol game, Luke Cowan-Dickie has just tackled Kyle Sinckler round the ankles. Sinckler screamed "Are you fucking serious?" at the ref, got a warning, then the ref and the TMO decided it was a dangerous tackle because LCD went too low.

Absolute nonsense.

just seen a clip looked more like a dangerous tackle due to the lack of arms 

just seen a clip looked more like a dangerous tackle due to the lack of arms 
He had his arms out as if he was trying to wrap them, but he had gone so low his head made contact with Sinkler's shin first. I thought a penalty against him was the right decision tbh.

I know Exeter had players missing, but I thought Bristol were excellent. Pat Lam has turned them into a very good team in the last few years.

One going to Edinburgh may balance things up, but saying that you need all 4 (and probably a 5th) in the squad as Price and Horne will be away with Scotland, and to cover injuries

Edit to add Edinburgh sign up Lang and Young from Harlequins for next season. 2 decent signings, Young replacing Davidson, Lang is interesting as places Stand off and Centre

Edited by honestly united

14 hours ago, GAD said:

Duncan Weir is such a backwards step for Glasgow. It's going to be a grim few years at least I think.

As boring a move as it may be, a solid dependable 10 who can run a game is what they need right now, while hopefully bringing Ross Thompson through.