Rugby Union

kiwififer

Poite just told the TMO who was watching it on TV and telling him there was a hit in the air, that there wasn't a hit in the air, leading directly to an England try. There was a hit in the air. Still, better not criticise the refs, eh?

That decision is interesting. Poite's comment to the TMO was that Biggar had jumped into the England player, which was absolutely correct. Biggar effectively landed on a stationary player, which he does a lot, this is the first time he hasn't got a penalty for it. IIRC, Finn Russell got a couple of weeks a few years back for Biggar basically jumping through him.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That decision is interesting. Poite's comment to the TMO was that Biggar had jumped into the England player, which was absolutely correct. Biggar effectively landed on a stationary player, which he does a lot, this is the first time he hasn't got a penalty for it. IIRC, Finn Russell got a couple of weeks a few years back for Biggar basically jumping through him.

I don't know, the guy was fully tackling him before he hit the ground, he didn't just bump into him. 99/100 that's a completely uncontroversial penalty.

Also, is this not the same guy who gave a match deciding penalty for the lions when Sinkler got tackled jumping into the air for absolutely no reason?

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

I don't know, the guy was fully tackling him before he hit the ground, he didn't just bump into him. 99/100 that's a completely uncontroversial penalty.

Also, is this not the same guy who gave a match deciding penalty for the lions when Sinkler got tackled jumping into the air for absolutely no reason?

I'm not saying it's not a penalty, but I can see where he's coming from.

If you are standing where a player is going to land, is it your responsibility not to make contact with him, or his not to make contact with you? Biggar has previous for just launching himself through the air, endangering himself and the player on the ground, yet still getting the penalty. It may have been the wrong decision, but it's karma for the little c**t.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not saying it's not a penalty, but I can see where he's coming from.

If you are standing where a player is going to land, is it your responsibility not to make contact with him, or his not to make contact with you? Biggar has previous for just launching himself through the air, endangering himself and the player on the ground, yet still getting the penalty. It may have been the wrong decision, but it's karma for the little c**t.

I know what you mean, regarding Biggar, and I agree, it's something he does. I'm just not convinced that's really what happened there.

I don't think either team has been great here. Lots of mistakes and the scrum is a farce.