Rugby Union

kiwififer

All in all I'm not too disappointed. That's a decent French team and without a creative stand off we were going to struggle to score trys. What was pleasing was that we really fronted up to them and defensively we are decent. Result will probably mean we play Ireland on finals weekend who really are a pretty poor just now, I'd rather have a shot at the Aviva hoodoo and leave Twickenham until next year. Kinghorn and Fagerson aren't internationals, either is Duncan Weir but we will have ample replacements for them come 6nations.
Hogg needs to calm down a bit tbf, far too many brain farts

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Grant Stewart was the only player in the pack who went to school in Scotland. That's pathetic and highlights how bad the SRU are at player development.

He must have been one of the youngest in the pack as well and he's not that young. Maybe only Gordon younger? Glasgow heading for an ospreys season here.

Five years ago Glasgow were feared by teams in the Pro 14 including Leinster. On top of this I always fancied Glasgow in Champions Cup, especially at home. Fully expected us to kick on from this and develop world class players through academy, just like Leinster. But, we are now no better than the dregs of Pro 14. No long term strategy, no long term progession and unfortunately no long term hope.
SRU, hang your heads in shame

32 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Five years ago Glasgow were feared by teams in the Pro 14 including Leinster. On top of this I always fancied Glasgow in Champions Cup, especially at home. Fully expected us to kick on from this and develop world class players through academy, just like Leinster. But, we are now no better than the dregs of Pro 14. No long term strategy, no long term progession and unfortunately no long term hope.
SRU, hang your heads in shame

Yeah, it wasn't even 5 years ago, more like 2 or 3! Even then, when you see our best 3 players of the past 5 years line up in the European cup final as absolute key players for their teams it makes you wonder if 1 pro 14 title and a couple of Euro quarters was a good enough return over thst period.

I said it before, but I think if it was a bunch of raw youngsters out there learning some hard lessons against the likes of Munster the decline would be a bit easier to take, as you'd at least see a bit if hope for the future, but it's just an aging team of journeymen. I don't see any of those guys who were out there last night playing regularly for Scotland. Well, not for a good Scotland team anyway.

On the plus side that wasn't as bad as the kickings at the hands of Leinster and Ulster! After we rallied with the try, then the penalty to take the lead I thought we maybe had turned a corner but the rest of the game was pretty dreadful. The worst of it is though (Wilson stupid dive on the player aside) apart from Matawalu their doesn't seem to be any fight, urgency or desire to win games, its like the players are just going through the motions, and most of the time they dont know what those motions are.

Although kennedy is an improvement on Frisby, his kicking was pretty poor. You had Price vs France that was excellent and all the kicks were contestable, last night they were all 10 or 20 metres too long (or the chase was too slow!!) and it was easy for Munster to field and return.

Last night we were missing, Fagerson, Kebble, Brown, Turner, Dolokoto, Cummings, Gray, Nakarawa, Fagersson, Flockhart, Price, Horne, Dobie, Hastings, Grigg went off injured after 10 minutes, Johnson, Jones, Kelly, McDowall, Steyn, Jones, and Tagive (who isnt really a miss though).

As has been said if we were blooding youngsters it wouldn't be as bad, but if you look at the squad, only Nicol, Bain, Dobie, McDowall and Nairn could be classed as youngsters but apart from Dobie all are older than Matt Fagersson who started at 8 for Scotland and has been a regular for a few seasons. Surely there must be some players in the institute of sport what we could be playing rather than guys that are obviously either pasted it or never good enough.

Either we have been extremely lucky in being blessed with 4 or 5 years of excellent players come through like Grey, Cummings, both Fagerrson's, etc at Glasgow and Grham, Ritchie, Bradbury etc at Edinburgh or the SRU has taken the eye off the ball. We really need to be doing something different to make sure we at least have some half decent squad players come through each year

Ireland's Frank Murphy to referee Glasgow's away game at Cardiff (getting played in Newport) this Sunday night. Then when Europe starts France's Mattieu Reynal refs our game at Exeter then England's Karl Dickson refs our home game with Lyon. 

Craig Evans from Wales refs Edinburgh's Monday night game vs Ulster, Luke Pearce from England refs Edinburgh's home game with La Rochelle then for their away game at Sale they've got Romain Poite. 

Edited by come on shire

10 hours ago, come on shire said:

Ireland's Frank Murphy to referee Glasgow's away game at Cardiff (getting played in Newport) this Sunday night. Then when Europe starts France's Mattieu Reynal refs our game at Exeter then England's Karl Dickson refs our home game with Lyon. 

Craig Evans from Wales refs Edinburgh's Monday night game vs Ulster, Luke Pearce from England refs Edinburgh's home game with La Rochelle then for their away game at Sale they've got Romain Poite. 

This current Warriors team v Exeter gives me the fear. Not so long ago it would have been a match to look forward to.