Rugby Union

kiwififer

Shot ourselves in the foot every single time we got into good positions. Hogg missing touch there at the end just summed it up. George Turner when we came on missed his line out throws and gave away a penalty. Not much between the sides except poor execution from us. 

I think France always looked like they had a try in them and we didn't, and for me that was the big difference. Both teams made shitty mistakes, and both teams defended reasonably well, but we just didn't carry enough threat.

Just now, GAD said:

I think France always looked like they had a try in them and we didn't, and for me that was the big difference. Both teams made shitty mistakes, and both teams defended reasonably well, but we just didn't carry enough threat.

Yip, we lack a real big destructive ball carrier, which everyone else seems to have. Apart from giving you go-forward, it also creates space elsewhere as they set their defence to look for him.

2 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Shot ourselves in the foot every single time we got into good positions. Hogg missing touch there at the end just summed it up. George Turner when we came on missed his line out throws and gave away a penalty. Not much between the sides except poor execution from us. 

Turner is a liability.

Up against the best team in the 6 Nations with Weir at 10 and and undersized back row a losing bonus point is probably a decent outcome. Plenty of times in the past  we have made up for being outmuscled with some Finn and Hogg magic and intelligent play. That didn't happen today, the backs were dire and Ritchie and Watson didn't make any impact on the ground. Hogg is a flake as i've said before being mid 20s but clearly on the decline is affecting him. He's still obviously a great player but nowhere near his 2016-17 level.

Jaco needs to start in the final game. Weir offers nothing.

Yip, we lack a real big destructive ball carrier, which everyone else seems to have. Apart from giving you go-forward, it also creates space elsewhere as they set their defence to look for him.
Had to make do with the radio today, they were all unanimous about the need for the big ball carrier. Matt Fagerson does a lot of things well at 8, but making yards over the gain line isn't one of them.

Another thing they picked up on at half time was that France were out early doing some physical drills with tackle pads etc obviously looking to be up for a quick start to the second half, and that was how it panned out.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Had to make do with the radio today, they were all unanimous about the need for the big ball carrier. Matt Fagerson does a lot of things well at 8, but making yards over the gain line isn't one of them.

Another thing they picked up on at half time was that France were out early doing some physical drills with tackle pads etc obviously looking to be up for a quick start to the second half, and that was how it panned out.

That's a big Shaun Edwards thing. "Get off t' fooking line" as Goodey and Big Jim would say.

58 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Turner is a liability.

Up against the best team in the 6 Nations with Weir at 10 and and undersized back row a losing bonus point is probably a decent outcome. Plenty of times in the past  we have made up for being outmuscled with some Finn and Hogg magic and intelligent play. That didn't happen today, the backs were dire and Ritchie and Watson didn't make any impact on the ground. Hogg is a flake as i've said before being mid 20s but clearly on the decline is affecting him. He's still obviously a great player but nowhere near his 2016-17 level.

Jaco needs to start in the final game. Weir offers nothing.

You or I would offer as much creativity as Weir.  I’ve said it before, and it remains true: he’s a throw back to the amateur days as a non athlete who worked really hard to get fit.  He’s basically a fat lad.  He’s a great story in application, but he lacks any real flair. 

Hogg is as flakey as they come. He could almost be a French stand off.