Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Oh I agree with that. I was referring to the whole "add 5 seconds back on" pish

That was down to the video referee not paying attention or doing his job properly. He is CLEARLY asked on more than one occasion to stop the clock and spent about 20-30 seconds playing with himself before stopping it and not knowing how to put it back. Total shambles

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Owens' interpretation of breakdown laws changes the closer you get to your own line. Desperate to have a dramatic try line turnover moment

Yeah, I’ve noticed that before. Tbh I never caught much of the game today, only really got to watch the last few minutes properly.
Exeter have been amazing over the last few years, really chuffed for them getting it right up the “big boys”! Not something that happens very often in rugby

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed that before. Tbh I never caught much of the game today, only really got to watch the last few minutes properly.
Exeter have been amazing over the last few years, really chuffed for them getting it right up the “big boys”! Not something that happens very often in rugby

Aye, hard one to dislike Exeter, seem to have built something slowly but steadily. As much as they love a pushover try they play some lovely stuff at times  Plus Hogg and Gray obvz. 

Hard to like as well though with the "sorry if you're offended" approach to their cringeworthy native American cliches

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye, hard one to dislike Exeter, seem to have built something slowly but steadily. As much as they love a pushover try they play some lovely stuff at times  Plus Hogg and Gray obvz. 

Hard to like as well though with the "sorry if you're offended" approach to their cringeworthy native American cliches

Yeah strange team all around but as long as they annoy the hooray Henry’s of rugby down there more than me while giving a couple of Scottish lads a top platform to perform on, it’s all good with me 😎😂

33 minutes ago, Spyro said:

That was down to the video referee not paying attention or doing his job properly. He is CLEARLY asked on more than one occasion to stop the clock and spent about 20-30 seconds playing with himself before stopping it and not knowing how to put it back. Total shambles

Owens fucked it. After it stopped he said set it to 79:32. He then said to restart it in five seconds or so but it hardly matters!

Edited by Detournement

Not a massive rugby fan but managed to get cheap tickets for the AB’s v Oz today. Just over 46,000 there, seems a bit surreal compared to the rest of the world.

The AB’a were well worth their win and what a player Caleb Clarke is and at only 21 has a massive future ahead of him.

IMG_0517.jpg

All Blacks just to good for Australia in game 2 of The Bledisloe cup . I guess Dave Rennie and his coaching staff won't be best pleased with their teams general performance to many missed tackles and dropped passes probably down he pressure they where being put under especially at the scrum where the All Blacks dominated throughout. Be interesting to see their response in the next game back on home soil in Australia 

Really interested to see if there's a change in Jonny Gray for Scotland having gone down to Exeter. Would imagine he'll be a more effective carrier which would be welcome
I phoned my uncle who is an Exeter season ticket holder last night to have a blether about the final. He said the additions of Hogg and Gray have taken them up a notch. Gray especially has been the most impressive, as I said to him Gray just doesn't miss tackles, and his reply was that in the semi Gray made 19 out of 19 tackles successfully. He said the biggest thing with Gray though is that he has made the guys around him play better, and that Johnny Hill in particular alongside him has had the season of his life. He's also been impressed by Hidalgo Clyne, says he has never let them down whenever he has been called upon. His biggest fear now is that the Premiership final might be a bit of an anticlimax for them now and that Wasps with the extra rest will have too much for them.

Georgia have gone off the boil a bit in the last few years and have gone through a re-shuffle in their coaching staff.

The majority of the forwards are regulars in the top14 or ProD2 in France, so up front will be a real test. The starting 9 & 10 are now both playing at Brive so give them something else in the backs, but the rest of the backs are either playing in Georgia or Russia so not up to the same standard as the forwards. They have a few back rows that they really should look at converting to centers.

If we play sensibly, keep the ball in their half and get the backs good clean ball we will win, if we give away stupid penalties and let them in on arm wrestle in our half we could be in trouble.

We are missing the Exeter players, plus I think Finn wont be selected having played on Sunday