Rugby Union

kiwififer

refs been named for upcoming internationals 

Nigel Owens set to become the first referee to take charge of 100 test matches. Joy Neville becomes first woman to perform TMO duties in a major international competition. Mike Adamson takes charge of his first Tier 1 international match when England host the Barbarians at Twickenham on 25 October. 

ITALY V SCOTLAND
Venue: TBC
Saturday, 14 November, 2020 @ 13:45
REFEREE: Luke Pearce (RFU)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 1: Romain Poite (FFR)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 2: Karl Dickson (RFU)
TMO: Wayne Barnes (RFU)
SCOTLAND V FRANCE
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Sunday, 22 November, 2020 @ 15:00
REFEREE: Wayne Barnes (RFU)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 1: Matthew Carley (RFU)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 2: Nika Amashukeli (GRU)
TMO: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
SCOTLAND V FIJI
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Saturday, 28 November, 2020 @ 13:45
REFEREE: Andrew Brace (IRFU)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 1: Craig Evans (WRU)
ASSISTANT REFEREE 2: Nika Amashukeli (GRU)
TMO: Joy Neville (IRFU)

Mike Adamson

24/10 – AR2 Ireland v Italy (Dublin)

25/10 – Ref England v Barbarians (Twickenham)

31/10 – AR2 Italy vs Ireland (Rome)

15/11 – AR1 France v Fiji (TBC)

28/11 – AR2 France v Italy (TBC)

Hollie Davidson

25/10 – Ref Ireland Women v Italy Women (Dublin) (*Neil Paterson TMO)

1/11 – AR1 Italy Women v England Women (Parma)

21/11 – Ref England Women v France Women (Twickenham)

Sam Grove-White

25/10 – AR2 England v Barbarians (Twickenham)

21/11 – TMO Italy v Fiji (TBC)

Guest Bob Mahelp

In what has been a 75 minute long arm wrestle, it's a piece of utter brilliance from Finn Russell that puts Racing ahead. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

In what has been a 75 minute long arm wrestle, it's apiece of utter brilliance from Finn Russell that puts Racing ahead. 

Owens downgrading the penalty against the Saracens scrum to a knock on was unreal 

Saracens not as much of a force when they don't have a world class bench. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Brilliant. I fucking hate Saracens and the arrogance of Farrell and Itoje. 

Superb that Finn unlocked the door...it's vital that him and Townsend kiss and make up. 

I have no idea why Joe Simmonds and Henry Slade aren't the first names on the England teamsheet, but long may it continue
As I've mentioned before, my Uncle is a Chiefs season ticket holder, he's often been bemused that some of the Exeter players are overlooked for England squads, but admits it has certainly helped them in the Premiership.

Taranaki’s hold on the Ranfurly Shield might not last long as they trail 19-30 to Otago with 5 minutes to go. Yesterday Hawke’s Bay defeated Canterbury for the first time in 37 years. The winning try coming after the siren for. 20-19 victory.

I don't follow southern hemisphere rugby that closely anymore but whenever I see anything out of New Zealand I think the rest of the world should give up and leave them to it. Even Mitre 10 is more entertaining than most of the top European games these days (Racing-Saracens yesterday was dull I thought).

Any Scottish player who's not quite able to break into the 2 pro sides could do far worse than trying their hand in Mitre 10. Hamilton Burr played 2 games for Glasgow before getting released and now is starting for Waikato every week against All Blacks and training with the Hurricanes. Murray Douglas went down a similar route and ended up with pro contracts at the Canes and Brumbies etc. I thought he looked really handy on loan at Embra last year.

I see Finn and Hoggy are in the shortlst for European player of the year, 2 out of the 5 selected.

I feel sorry for the Cheetahs if they get punted to make it a 16 team league as they have been fairly decent, unlike the kings. Also with all the SA talent being split across just 4 teams could see them dominating the league as well, so them having 5 or 6 teams would be better for us. Or go with 5 and then have an additional team from Georgia / Spain / Russia / Romania to make up the 18. I see they have a contract until 2023 or something to play in Pro14 so will be interestinf to see what happens 

I think the idea of 3 leagues of 6 (1 x Scotland and Wales, 1 x Ireland & Italy and 1 x SA and AN other) play everyone in your conference H&A then every other team once for 22 game season would mean that everyone else only has to travel to SA 3 times max - best 2 league winners into semi final, then worst winner and 3 2nd place teams play off for a semi final place