Rugby Union

kiwififer

Frustrating watching Edinburgh, so many avoidable penalties given away and it’s a recurring theme. Not rolling away, regardless of whether or not the Ulster players are flopping on the deck to hold you in, is just a lazy penalty. I’ve always been coached that you can’t control the referee but you can control the opportunities that could get you pinged.

Still not won a knock out under Cockers either...

I think calling that a choke is a bit of a disservice to Ulster, who were canny, experienced and tough. Some Edinburgh players were looking a bit jaded towards the end and Gilchrist in particular should have been subbed. The final penalty offence was stupid, but it happened in a flash and players will usually reach for a ball like that. It's a game Edinburgh should have won but it's not a shock that they didn't.

34 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think calling that a choke is a bit of a disservice to Ulster, who were canny, experienced and tough. Some Edinburgh players were looking a bit jaded towards the end and Gilchrist in particular should have been subbed. The final penalty offence was stupid, but it happened in a flash and players will usually reach for a ball like that. It's a game Edinburgh should have won but it's not a shock that they didn't.

I think Ulster did well and showed a lot if fight and bottle to get back into it, but it was definitely a choke from Edinburgh as well. They went from playing reasonably well to making horrendous decisions all over the park. They couldn't keep the ball, the kicking went to shit and they were coughing up penalties all over the place. The same thing happened to them ladt season against Munster.