Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Owen Farrell is a c**t.

Maybe I'm biased on account of being a Wigan Warriors fan but Owen Farrell can only dream of being the rugby player his father was - albeit a different code. Faz was a wonderful player who could back up his cheap shots by battering everyone in sight - including, let's be honest, his teammates. His son is just a cowardly, monumental p***k. About fucking time something was done about his 'tackling'. Bet he gets a lenient suspension though.

35 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Maybe I'm biased on account of being a Wigan Warriors fan but Owen Farrell can only dream of being the rugby player his father was - albeit a different code. Faz was a wonderful player who could back up his cheap shots by battering everyone in sight - including, let's be honest, his teammates. His son is just a cowardly, monumental p***k. About fucking time something was done about his 'tackling'. Bet he gets a lenient suspension though.

If I'm honest, I think he's a cracking player, and I quite like the nastier edge he has, but he needs to keep it reigned in and get rid of the cheap shots. I think he's been hurt by the fact he started his career just as all that stuff was being cracked down on - if he had started five years earlier, a proper hard b*****d would have fucked him up, and he'd have learned really quickly. He could have ended up as Jonny Wilkinson with more durability, rather than the niggly cheap shot artist he's become.

I'm not sure he will get that lenient a suspension - they're due to play Leinster in the potential suspension window, so World Rugby will be keeping an eye on the severity in case it upsets their paymasters in D4 it sets a dangerous precedent.