Rugby Union

kiwififer

The pro 14 restarst this weekend with both Scottish sides naming there teams about lunchtime today. First up we have the referee apotments and broadcast info

Friday, August 21

Benetton Rugby v Zebre Rugby – KO 19.00 (UK) / 20:00 (ITA) Stadio Monigo, Treviso Referee: Andrea Piardi (FIR, 6th Championship Appearance) AR1: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR), AR2: Manuel Bottino (FIR) TMO: Marius Mitrea (FIR) Live on DAZN, Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 1, Super Sport 1 pro14.tv.

Saturday, August 22

Scarlets v Cardiff Blues - KO 15:00 Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 184th Championship Appearance) AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU), AR2: Dan Jones (WRU) TMO: Wayne Davies (WRU) Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 1, DAZN pro14.tv.

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh – KO 17:15 BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 44th Championship Appearance) AR1: Sam Grove-White (SRU), AR2: Finlay Brown (SRU) TMO: Neil Patterson (SRU) Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 2, DAZN, Super Sport 1 pro14.tv.

Leinster v Munster - KO 19:35 Aviva Stadium, Dublin Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 53rd Championship Appearance) AR1: George Clancy (IRFU), AR2: Joy Neville (IRFU) TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU) Live on eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 1, DAZN, Super Sport 1 pro14.tv. Deferred coverage on TG4 at 21:35

Sunday, August 23

Ospreys v Dragons - KO - 14:15 Liberty Stadium, Swansea Referee: Adam Jones (WRU, Championship Debut AR1: Craig Evans (WRU), AR2: Gwyn Morris (WRU) TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU) Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 2, DAZN pro14.tv.

Connacht v Ulster – KO 16:30 Aviva Stadium, Dublin Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 33rd Championship Appearance) AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU), AR2: Chris Busby (IRFU) TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU) Live on TG4, Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 1, DAZN, Super Sport 1 pro14.tv.

Reading the match preview there is a big deal over Jones playing full back, and Wilson making out he has no other options at full back.

THat is except the fullback on the bench in Glenn Bryce, who I thought looked decent earlier in the season. I think Wilson is playing the squad is short of options card.

45 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Reading the match preview there is a big deal over Jones playing full back, and Wilson making out he has no other options at full back.

THat is except the fullback on the bench in Glenn Bryce, who I thought looked decent earlier in the season. I think Wilson is playing the squad is short of options card.

Bryce has only been signed up until the end of this year so it may be that Wilson doesn't really fancy him. Personally I think he should be first choice for now with some game time given to McLean and maybe Smith who are impressive young players. I'm happy enough to see Jones tried there tomorrow and if he can cover there competently then great but now Steyn is playing on the wing a lot I think Jones will primarily be needed at 13.

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

Bryce has only been signed up until the end of this year so it may be that Wilson doesn't really fancy him. Personally I think he should be first choice for now with some game time given to McLean and maybe Smith who are impressive young players. I'm happy enough to see Jones tried there tomorrow and if he can cover there competently then great but now Steyn is playing on the wing a lot I think Jones will primarily be needed at 13.

Im sure Bryce is due to go back to the 7's squad - but I think Glasgow should be giving him the 15 shirt.

Wilson has said that as the squad is short, and their are loads of internationals that a lot of youngsters will get their chance this year

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im sure Bryce is due to go back to the 7's squad - but I think Glasgow should be giving him the 15 shirt.

Wilson has said that as the squad is short, and their are loads of internationals that a lot of youngsters will get their chance this year

Aye and who knows when the 7s will be back. I think he'll probably be at Glasgow for the whole season unless Jones excels there and McLean or Smith handle the step up particularly well.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not a great start from Glasgow, but they've come into it now.

Bit of shitebaggery from McInally on Hastings after the try, and ex-Edinburgh players Paterson and Hamilton in the commentary box desperate to downplay it as handbags.

I just turned it on as Horne went over. I assume that was Paterson bleating about the replacements celebrating with Horne?

Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

I just turned it on as Horne went over. I assume that was Paterson bleating about the replacements celebrating with Horne?

Yeah. They both managed to miss McInally grabbing Hastings by the throat before throwing him to the ground