Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Kenny Logan was dreadful

Not having that.  He was a terrific winger.

His reputation suffered because he was an inconsistent kicker (in a period when Scotland couldn't decide who was going to kick).

I used to watch him when he played for Wasps and he was terrific.

As for Tait.  I suspect Dan Lugar thinks he's a bit of a c**t! :)

Not having that.  He was a terrific winger.
His reputation suffered because he was an inconsistent kicker (in a period when Scotland couldn't decide who was going to kick).
I used to watch him when he played for Wasps and he was terrific.

As for Tait.  I suspect Dan Lugar thinks he's a bit of a c**t! [emoji4]

Logan made the best of his abilities, and long before the end of his career was a pretty reliable kicker. I think, like Paterson, he suffered from being shunted between fullback and wing. He was only ever a wing. He’d have been an Eddie Jones/Warren Gatland type of player - 6 or 7 out of ten every game.

1999 game from Paris on BBC Scotland right now.

Had forgotten they scored after about a minute, and then we scored 3 without reply. Toonie has just gone over for the third, and the booing would have you thinking Scotland were playing away at St Mirren.

1999 game from Paris on BBC Scotland right now.
Had forgotten they scored after about a minute, and then we scored 3 without reply. Toonie has just gone over for the third, and the booing would have you thinking Scotland were playing away at St Mirren.
My brother and I have a lot of friends in Torquay, and they always used to arrange a weekend in Blackpool for an away game near the end of the season. The only fixture that fitted in with the plans was a league match at Darlington that day. Friday night on the piss in Blackpool, then on the bus through to Darlington for the match on Saturday. We walked in to the pub near the ground just in time to see France score, cue plenty abuse from our mates as they were obviously going to canter their way to the grand slam the next day. Everybody looked on incredulous as Scotland then ran amok. Had to leave at half time, fairly confident that Scotland had the win in the bag, followed up by a Torquay win. Even better the next day when Scott Gibbs ran over the top of them late on at Wembley to hand Scotland the championship.

He was absolutely in his prime when he came to WASPs and it was a cruel injury that really robbed him of a crucial season (might even have been his debut game).

I am absolutely convinced he would have shone, with that WASPs team around him.

Although Goode was a fantastic player, any pace he had (not much) had gone, he was a deep sitting string puller (aka kicking fly half).  Jackson offered more at the line and was a better player (at that point).

All the best too him in the future.

Yours, a bit saddened about the news.

aDONis

On 08/05/2020 at 17:05, peasy23 said:

The 2010 win in Dublin is live on the SRU Facebook page tonight. Dan Parks finest hour?

I didn't think he was particularly good in that game (clutch kick from the touchline to win it aside) :)  [In fairness I'm terrible about remembering games in great detail, because the tend to merge in my mind, so I might be talking shite]!

Still fondly remembered by me for the time he scored 21 points in a 21-17 win v South Africa!

Yours

aDONis

Callum Gibbins is to leave Glasgow at the end of the season. That's a massive blow tbh.
Aye, sore one. You would hope they can replace him with similar quality and experience, but given how that has gone at Glasgow over the last few years I won't be holding my breath.