Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gary Armstrong really was world class, the amount of tackles he put in against England was astounding. Difference against England was Chalmers knocking most of his kicks over, while England missed more than they scored.
Also, Stanger never actually touched it down. Players and media bemoaning it afterwards except Brian Moore. His response was simple, 'ref gave it therefore it was a try'. Tbh didn't like Moore as as a player, but that analysis should have been a clue to the excellent commentator he has become...

Also, Stanger never actually touched it down. Players and media bemoaning it afterwards except Brian Moore. His response was simple, 'ref gave it therefore it was a try'. Tbh didn't like Moore as as a player, but that analysis should have been a clue to the excellent commentator he has become...
Aye, doubt he would have been awarded the try now with TMOs around, looks like he puts the ball down on his leg. I like Moore, calls things as he sees it regardless of the teams involved, and does a sterling job winding up gammons on Twitter.

Aye, doubt he would have been awarded the try now with TMOs around, looks like he puts the ball down on his leg. I like Moore, calls things as he sees it regardless of the teams involved, and does a sterling job winding up gammons on Twitter.

Moore’s terrific. Seems like a spot on bloke as well. He was an absolute bugger of a player, though. Absolutely hated him back in the day.

I'm going to say it, Gary Armstrong is the best player Scotland has ever produced. 

What a player he was.

Had he played for any other nation he would probably have gone on another two lions tours and be lauded as one of the all time great scrum halves.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Irish player James Cronin banned for accidentally taking a PED. Aye right. What would be the odds of getting somebody else's tablets and they turn out to be a PED. And the ban is a joke as there will be no games in that period.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0420/1132691-cronin-receives-1-month-doping-ban-for-pharmacy-mix-up/

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Irish player James Cronin banned for accidentally taking a PED. Aye right. What would be the odds of getting somebody else's tablets and they turn out to be a PED. And the ban is a joke as there will be no games in that period.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0420/1132691-cronin-receives-1-month-doping-ban-for-pharmacy-mix-up/

And the Irish fans are calming he has been hard done by. 

Paul Kimmage among those calling it out for the obvious bullshit that it is. He retweeted this..

Not including the fact as soon as you get home with a prescription you check what is in it.

So that is has been confirmed that  Marler's ban will have been pointless as he will not miss a single game. As the the prospered matches have been  counted towards his ban 

Watched the highlights the BBC have put up of the 95 France game, just for the Tooney flip!

Was really suprised by the huge turn over of players from the 90 Grand slam team, only Kenny Milne, Damian Cronin, Craig Chalmers and Gavin Hastings still in the team, but you also have the likes of Weir, Wright, Townsend, Logan, Wainright, Redparth and Peters who are all mainstays on the team in the late 90's

Watched the highlights the BBC have put up of the 95 France game, just for the Tooney flip!

Was really suprised by the huge turn over of players from the 90 Grand slam team, only Kenny Milne, Damian Cronin, Craig Chalmers and Gavin Hastings still in the team, but you also have the likes of Weir, Wright, Townsend, Logan, Wainright, Redparth and Peters who are all mainstays on the team in the late 90's

I had forgotten how bad the cameras were back in the day. 90% of the time you have no idea where they are on the pitch.

I had also forgotten about Campbell.

Craig Joiner was dreadful.

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I had forgotten how bad the cameras were back in the day. 90% of the time you have no idea where they are on the pitch.

I had also forgotten about Campbell.

I'd totally forgoten Iain Jardine ever existed!! I think Joiner sold a couple of tries in that one, as did Hastings with his dreadfull atempt at a tackle. 

Im suprised we actually won that game. Although Morrison, Wainright and Peters were all good players, they were no match for Jeffries, Calder etc and again not having Armstrong would be a blow to any team.

The camera work was shocking at time, the ball was not even close at some point to where the camera's were pointing. And the pictures were really flickery as well. It was as if they had recorded the match on VHS (having taped over some old films) and then ran the vhs into a PC to get a digital copy!!

Edit - saying that about Campbell, I remembered another nearly forgettable 2nd row, Stuart Grimes, who I only remember about as I had a drunken night out once in Birmingham with hos brother at the time when he was in the team! I had never met him before and found out he was trying to pull a girl I went to school with.

Edited by honestly united

This Stuart Grimes?! I always thought he was decent.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I played directly against Joiner in 2nd year at school when he was still at Dunfermline. He was an incredible one man team with legs like tree trunks. He single-handedly won the game even though the team around him weren’t up to much. He was a stand out schoolboy player when he was older but didn’t do much in a Scotland shirt despite the hype.

This Stuart Grimes?! I always thought he was decent.

I played directly against Joiner in 2nd year at school when he was still at Dunfermline. He was an incredible one man team with legs like tree trunks. He single-handedly won the game even though the team around him weren’t up to much. He was a stand out schoolboy player when he was older but didn’t do much in a Scotland shirt despite the hype.

That try features some underrated players. Grimey, as he liked to be called, Tait and Metcalfe were terrific.