Rugby Union

kiwififer

The referee should have a green jersey, that was a high tackle, the Irish guy is putting it in squint, the Irish are pulling down the scrum, the Irish are deliberately slowing Laidlaw down, the referee is letting them away with it, but penalising our boys who play with a straight bat, the referee, the referee, the referee... the state of this thread.

We are shite at rugby and the Irish are doing a Hamilton Accies on us. I guarantee you, if it was 27-3 to us, and we were the chippy, annoying Accies here, we’d be loving it, and the referee.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

This is going to be the most monumental comeback eh lads

To win the World Cup, we need a first ever win over NZ, and to become the first team ever to win it having lost a pool game. We also have to beat the hosts off a 4 day turnaround, and a rapidly improving Samoa.

It would be so Scotland...

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

To win the World Cup, we need a first ever win over NZ, and to become the first team ever to win it having lost a pool game. We also have to beat the hosts off a 4 day turnaround, and a rapidly improving Samoa.

It would be so Scotland...

This match is so Scotland.

Townsend's press conference will be interesting.  Notwithstanding we have been Tom Kite, Barnes has given Ireland so many advantages through his errant and pro-Ireland decisions from the first whistle.  
That's what I think bugs me - we could try to do the "streetwise" game like Ireland and Wales but you have this nagging feeling that if we did it we would get penalised. It is like refs have accepted that certain teams play a certain way and for evermore it will be.

But before we even consider that we need to get the basics right - if you don't have the ball because you are kicking it or having handling errors then you are up against it from the start. We need to keep it simple for the rest of the group games - keep possession, stop throwing it about aimlessly, grind out the points.

But you just know we won't do that.

Aye we can't blame the ref for that despite some shocking decisions.

I thought that including Barclay and Taylor was a massive mistake and it proved to be. We need to play a dynamic game and including guys who are a shadow of their former selves is madness. In the future we need to get forwards in who can make a physical impact like Skinner, both Fagersons, Kebble and Bradbury.

What an utterly depressing display this has been. Dire stuff.
Exactly this. Yes, you can have a few niggles about some of the decisions by Barnes, but we were shite at everything. Handling errors, missed tackles, poor kicking. They just showed a stat that Stander carried for 45 metres, be lucky if all our forwards combined managed that. Can hardly remember a decent line break from us all day.

The Japan match could come down to who survives their next 2 games with the least injuries. Watson will be a huge loss for Scotland.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Exactly this. Yes, you can have a few niggles about some of the decisions by Barnes, but we were shite at everything. Handling errors, missed tackles, poor kicking. They just showed a stat that Stander carried for 45 metres, be lucky if all our forwards combined managed that. Can hardly remember a decent line break from us all day.

The Japan match could come down to who survives their next 2 games with the least injuries. Watson will be a huge loss for Scotland.

He did have a big line break that contributed at least 20 of that, but I do agree with the general point.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Aye we can't blame the ref for that despite some shocking decisions.

I thought that including Barclay and Taylor was a massive mistake and it proved to be. We need to play a dynamic game and including guys who are a shadow of their former selves is madness. In the future we need to get forwards in who can make a physical impact like Skinner, both Fagersons, Kebble and Bradbury.

I'm guessing Bradbury will be in the squad tomorrow with Watson going home, but agree with the rest, though I actually thought Taylor was ok, but Hutchison and Jones are just so much more threatening.

To be fair actually, nobody really showed up today, it was collectively bad.