Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I think he fucked it, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's pretty much been messed around first by Scotland, then by England. He did that big "I love England and have always felt English" interview as well, then never got a minute of game time. I guess he's probably resigned now to the fact he'll probably never play international rugby, and being English qualified is better for his career.

Yes I feel he was naive and there was still time for him to be 'welcomed back into the fold'. That said you are right that English status would be beneficial for his career in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I think he fucked it, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's pretty much been messed around first by Scotland, then by England. He did that big "I love England and have always felt English" interview as well, then never got a minute of game time. I guess he's probably resigned now to the fact he'll probably never play international rugby, and being English qualified is better for his career.

He's still not capped yet. Can still play for us if he was so inclined. But as already been mentioned think that bridge has been burned. 

Expected Blade Thomson to get the call, but Sam Skinner was a surprise. England-U20 as of 2015 and highly rated by the Chiefs and their fans. Plays Lock, 6 and 8. A good steal from under Eddie Jones's nose!!!

41 minutes ago, David990 said:

He's still not capped yet. Can still play for us if he was so inclined. But as already been mentioned think that bridge has been burned. 

Expected Blade Thomson to get the call, but Sam Skinner was a surprise. England-U20 as of 2015 and highly rated by the Chiefs and their fans. Plays Lock, 6 and 8. A good steal from under Eddie Jones's nose!!!

I know he's not capped, but I'm sure being English qualified helps in the premiership due to some wage cap rules, can't remember the ins and outs, but I'm sure that's the case. If he plays for us he will no longer be English qualified. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

I know he's not capped, but I'm sure being English qualified helps in the premiership due to some wage cap rules, can't remember the ins and outs, but I'm sure that's the case. If he plays for us he will no longer be English qualified. 

Exeter have got mainly England qualified players anyway so they are probably not bothered.

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Exeter have got mainly England qualified players anyway so they are probably not bothered.

Does Graham not play for Newcastle? I haven't been keeping up to date to be honest. If he's at Exeter then yeah, they probably wouldn't care. In fact, they'd probably encourage it to get it up Eddie Jones for constantly snubbing their players!

I thought you were talking about Skinner.

Jacques Brunel apparently wanted to do some poaching by adding the Clermont wing Raka and the Montpellier lock Paul Willemse but the FFR said no. There are loads of big names left out so it's not like they need more depth.

Edited by Detournement

On 16/10/2018 at 17:27, GAD said:

The main thing that seems to decide who gets cited and what ban is who you are and who you play for. Lozowski will get a couple of games as he's a nice low profile Sarries player so the perfect sacrificial lamb so the authorities are seen to do something after Sunday's farce, without going after any big names.

Kaino could be fucked as he plays for a French team, is a big enough name to make an example of, and doesn't play for an NH international team.

Irish players very rarely get cited, and even if they do it's even rarer for them to be banned.

Five week ban for Kaino. So predictable.

Kaino’s tackle looked like it hit Roberts chest first rather than his head. It would of been obvious if he his his head full on as it would of snapped back but it doesn’t do that. Wonder if the panel had access to more angles than there were on the weekend.

Australia will meet Tonga for the first time in a Rugby League International at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland on Saturday.  The game is reported to be a sell-out. Stadium capacity is a bit over 25,000. Last Saturday when Australia lost to New Zealand at the same venue the crowd was less than 13,000.

I think the 3 new additions to the squad will all benefit the team hugely. Blade Thomson was schooled in NZ and would have played for them but for a couple of injuries. He's a fast, strong and elusive runner and can offload, something we've lacked in recent years at Number 8. Sam Skinner is a key part of the Exeter pack that dominates pretty much everyone they come up against, and Sam Johnson (when he's fit) runs lines very like Huw Jones, but he's better at passing!

Hoping for 4 wins from the Autumn Internationals.

23 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Bath have put in a complaint about the officiating of their first round champions cup match Vs Tolouse. They're asking for the match to be replayed. 

Austin Healey pretty much called the Bath owner a moron. And he's spot on.

ETA: the BT commentator is absolutely desperate to tell us how much of a loss Tom Youngs is to Leicester tonight, despite his replacement having 80-odd caps for Australia.

Edited by Mark Connolly