Rugby Union

kiwififer

You won't have any problems with that now it's at Rugby Park.

Various meltdowns on Twitter and the Warriors forum over the move but given the state the pitch is in from that photo their hand has been forced.

It's not ideal, yes we've paid for season tickets for games at Scotstoun but what else can they do. Communication hasn't been the greatest recently, improve that sure but it doesn't change the pitch not being fit for purpose.

This season is just going from bad to worse, despite increased ticket prices none of the new signings are even close in terms of quality to those they replaced. I get that the pitch is unplayable but the lack of empathy for the fan base is galling, if they can make more money from selling extra tickets surely they can use it to refund supporters who have planned their weekend around the game being on Saturday afternoon. I swapped jobs last summer and have a night out arranged for next Friday night with the guys I used to work with, I now have a choice of cancelling that or not going to the rugby which means my wife and son don't go either. I'm not bothered about the drive to Kille it's twenty minutes more than Scotstoun it's the I'm all right Jack attitude from the management that sticks in my throat.

This season is just going from bad to worse, despite increased ticket prices none of the new signings are even close in terms of quality to those they replaced. I get that the pitch is unplayable but the lack of empathy for the fan base is galling, if they can make more money from selling extra tickets surely they can use it to refund supporters who have planned their weekend around the game being on Saturday afternoon. I swapped jobs last summer and have a night out arranged for next Friday night with the guys I used to work with, I now have a choice of cancelling that or not going to the rugby which means my wife and son don't go either. I'm not bothered about the drive to Kille it's twenty minutes more than Scotstoun it's the I'm all right Jack attitude from the management that sticks in my throat.

I think that's slightly harsh - Mike Blair was outstanding until his injury, and Favaro has been superb. Niayaravoro (sp probably) probably hasn't had the impact most hoped, and hasn't been up to the overall standards of DTH or Maitland. Scott Cummings has been the find of the season, and no comment on Grayson Hart in case his mum is reading.

The team issues are more to do with injuries and inexperience in key places rather than overall quality IMO.

As for the off-the-field stuff, there isn't much they can do about the fact the Scotstoun pitch is f*cked, so I have sympathy for them there. The PR since the Pro12 Final, however, has been utterly abysmal - no merchandise to honour the Pro12 win, big jump in ST prices, the shambles over standing/seating in certain areas, and the poor communication over moving the fixtures when Scotstoun was clearly going to be unplayable.

Someone at Warriors HQ needs their baws toed - one of those failures would have been embarrassing enough.

Line up for wales pretty much as you'd expect. Really wish Cotter would have the balls to drop Ford though, offers absolutely nothing in the loose and his throwing at the line out is at best a liability.

Sadly, he is still light years ahead of the majority of Scottish hookers in this regard.

I think that's slightly harsh - Mike Blair was outstanding until his injury, and Favaro has been superb. Niayaravoro (sp probably) probably hasn't had the impact most hoped, and hasn't been up to the overall standards of DTH or Maitland. Scott Cummings has been the find of the season, and no comment on Grayson Hart in case his mum is reading.

The team issues are more to do with injuries and inexperience in key places rather than overall quality IMO.

As for the off-the-field stuff, there isn't much they can do about the fact the Scotstoun pitch is f*cked, so I have sympathy for them there. The PR since the Pro12 Final, however, has been utterly abysmal - no merchandise to honour the Pro12 win, big jump in ST prices, the shambles over standing/seating in certain areas, and the poor communication over moving the fixtures when Scotstoun was clearly going to be unplayable.

Someone at Warriors HQ needs their baws toed - one of those failures would have been embarrassing

enough.

Your right about the players but the management would apparently struggle to get drunk in the preverbial brewery.

Brown is out injured, and as much as i like Mcarthur i think he is to small for international rugby. Ford is the one player I would love to get dropped.

Richie Gray needs to up the work rate, but again there is no one to replace him with. I would love to see Harley in the team, but Barclay's doing well at blind side.

Im just hoping Taylor can deal with Roberts as Wales' whole game revolves around big lumps charging up the 10 / 12 chanel

Nakawara leaving Warriors in the summer to join Racing 92.

surprised it has taken so long for someone to go for him? He will be a big lost to Glasgow. Who look like they will struggle even more next season.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14274505.Scotstoun_set_to_install_artificial_pitch_after_stakeholder_talks/

Seems a compromise has been reached and an artificial pitch will be installed.

There was an earlier piece in the herald about the poor treatment of the athletics club. While you have some degree of sympathy, money talks and Warriors are primary tenants for Glasgow life. I did laugh where the writer of the article claimed that hammer and javelin events deserved to be seen in the main stadium as no one track and field event is more important than the other! I'm sure the people that schedule the 100 meter finals and price the tickets for that at major events feel the same way.