Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm sure I've asked this before, but why do the touch judges swap sides at half time? Is it so they always see the same players in the scrum or something?

Good chance to somehow end up with a decent 6N campaign if we can beat Wales next week. 3 wins and 2 close losses without giving up the bonus point would gloss over quite a lot but would be a great return.

O'Connell saying you'd never catch an England player doing something stupid like the French prop did today.
Not like Tuilagi got sent off for stupidity yesterday. Or Marler will be getting a call from the citing commissioner for stupidity.

Yeah, I thought that too. But I think O’Connell was one of those oddballs who thought it was harsh on Tuilagi.

O'Connell saying you'd never catch an England player doing something stupid like the French prop did today.
Not like Tuilagi got sent off for stupidity yesterday. Or Marler will be getting a call from the citing commissioner for stupidity.

He’s probably right in saying that you’d never catch an English player doing that. Which isn’t the same as saying an English player wouldn’t do it. Just that they wouldn’t let themselves get caught.

Tuilagi probably thought he would get away with a dirty late challenge, Marler did get away with it. Haouas threw that punch like he didn’t give a shit what happened.

If France had more cynical cheats and less radge nut jobs they’d have at least made the semi final of the World Cup and the slam would still be on.

He’s probably right in saying that you’d never catch an English player doing that. Which isn’t the same as saying an English player wouldn’t do it. Just that they wouldn’t let themselves get caught.

Tuilagi probably thought he would get away with a dirty late challenge, Marler did get away with it. Haouas threw that punch like he didn’t give a shit what happened.

If France had more cynical cheats and less radge nut jobs they’d have at least made the semi final of the World Cup and the slam would still be on.
Not too sure. Genuinely thought Scotland would have managed that win against 15 men. We were the much better team against 15, France one attack one score all first half, except missed early Penalty

Not too sure. Genuinely thought Scotland would have managed that win against 15 men. We were the much better team against 15, France one attack one score all first half, except missed early Penalty

Maybe, maybe not, we’ll never know

But it’s moot because in reality France do have a conveyor belt of bampots

Heard a couple of pundits say that France were leading at the time of the red card, implying that it cost them the game, which I think is a bit disingenuous. We were waiting to kick over 3 points from right in front of the posts. We would have gone in at least 9-7 up regardless of the red card and were playing pretty well anyway.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

The SRU's kit man should be sacked for leaving a new pair of jeans in the washing machine when he laundered today's kit. The worst strip ever in the history of world rugby.

Scotland, though, were magnificent.  Aye, we got a break when France missed an early penalty but we got them playing 'our' rugby rather than theirs.  Plus it was like rugby in the 80s when the French lost the plot and had their prop (rightly) carded.

I'm not a fan of Adam Hastings but he won his spurs today.  The three tackles he broke to set up our first try was magnificent.  He showed baws - and that he's got a step.

McInally's try was all about guts and credit to him for recovering after a shite throw.

Today's downside?  I had 4 of my son's England-supporting egg-chasing mates around today.  They were as happy as my son and I were.