Rugby Union

kiwififer

Saints never turned up on Saturday night but well done to Wigan they deserved to win and, have been the best team all year. Sam Tomkins is outstanding. Is there a better young British player out there just now from either code of rugby? Hopefully Roye Simmons can come in and add that extra something. There was something missing last night. Saints just didn't look as up for it as Wigan did.

Keiron Cunningham = LEGEND! Thanks for the memories and I'm sure we'll see you back at Saints in a coaching role hopefully sooner rather than later.

In the NRL final today St George Illawarra Dragons beat Sydney Roosters to record their first premiership since the St George and Illawarra merger. Roosters just capitulated in the second half about the 50th minute and just got steamrolled. I do think the Roosters will be there or thereabouts next season again though if they keep roughly the same squad.

Yeah there was only one team in it in the second half. Well done to St George.

Oh well internationals coming up now. Hopefully Scotland can do well in the European Cup and maybe even win it and if they did they'd be in the Four Nations next year!

England have some good young players coming through and I actually think we could beat Australia in the next few years! If Super League stays as competitive as it was this year, we put even more young players through and we get a more competitive game for England mid season then why not? One thing that has been discusses though is bringing back GB and the Ashes Series! I think this is the right idea as watching GB is better and more exciting than watching England and it also widens the talent which means we have more of a chance of winning!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.scotlandr...omponent/option,com_joomleague/func,showResults/p,36/Itemid,100/

Is anyone going to the Autumn tests?

I'm taking in the South Africa game on the 20th November.

If I have the money, I might go see the AB's. Sonny Bill's now making the squad, will be interesting to see if he's in the team. Henry will make him wait his turn though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well we scored first which annoyed the AB's. They were quicker on the attack, faster with passes and were the better side by far.

No disgrace in losing to the next WC winners, although the wining margin was beginning to resemble a cricket score at the end.

Scotland currently 18-12 up and actually looking pretty decent :o Seff Effrika are all over the place at the minute

Great win, made missing our game against Motherwell and getting pissed on worthwhile.

South Africa were missing a few bodies and never got totally going.

A number of things I wasn't quite happy about, scrum was a disaster at the start and 3 penalties to SA from Scottish scrums was silly, just lucky SA missed some of them. Equally some of our defence was fortunate in the "oh jeeze" category and we just never looked like getting over the line kicking away a chance when we were just metres out.

In the end a good result but still room for improvement before our next few games.

Great win, made missing our game against Motherwell and getting pissed on worthwhile.

South Africa were missing a few bodies and never got totally going.

A number of things I wasn't quite happy about, scrum was a disaster at the start and 3 penalties to SA from Scottish scrums was silly, just lucky SA missed some of them. Equally some of our defence was fortunate in the "oh jeeze" category and we just never looked like getting over the line kicking away a chance when we were just metres out.

In the end a good result but still room for improvement before our next few games.

Indeed, but this Scotland team are putting together a very impressive list of scalps. We are genuinely competitive in any game now (the peerless All Blacks excepted). Robinson is also developing a genuine squad with decent cover in most positions. The absence of Dan Parks would be the only disaster at the moment.

Indeed, but this Scotland team are putting together a very impressive list of scalps. We are genuinely competitive in any game now (the peerless All Blacks excepted). Robinson is also developing a genuine squad with decent cover in most positions. The absence of Dan Parks would be the only disaster at the moment.

I agree, but while his kicking is brilliant, there are times (maybe Argentina excepted) when he only offers kicking as option. He possibly wasted a try scoring opportunity in the second half when he kicked (I think he was trying for a chip rather than a DG), whereas Barclay was open and he's not afraid to run at players (was it Wales in the last 6N when he ran through 3 players to score?)

I agree, but while his kicking is brilliant, there are times (maybe Argentina excepted) when he only offers kicking as option. He possibly wasted a try scoring opportunity in the second half when he kicked (I think he was trying for a chip rather than a DG), whereas Barclay was open and he's not afraid to run at players (was it Wales in the last 6N when he ran through 3 players to score?)

He'll be 10 for a good bit yet.

David Blair and Phil Godman aren't international quality, Duncan Weir and Alex Blair are too young, and Ruaridh Jackson seems to have regressed a little. Although in the case of the latter 3; it's all there for them. However, while we rely on our defence and penalties to compete in big games, Parks will dae.