Rugby Union

kiwififer

It's a bit weird. Haining going from in the team, to out the squad and back again. Jones now bombed out, and Hutcheson as well. Weir back from the dead, Steyn out of nowhere. f**k knows.

18 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's a bit weird. Haining going from in the team, to out the squad and back again. Jones now bombed out, and Hutcheson as well. Weir back from the dead, Steyn out of nowhere. f**k knows.

Unless Hutcheson has picked up a knock, I rather get the feeling Townsend isn't convinced.  That bench though, dear me. I think I'm officially out on Toony.

Edited by Savage Henry

If Hutchinson is out, we have no cover for 10. You put Weir on the bench as cover he can only play 10, and Hastings could only really move to 15.

Steyn is the ideal option as can cover centre and wing so you have all positions in the backs covered.

I think Jaco van der walt joins the ranks of kilted springboks in August along with VDM so gives us another option at 10

Not really getting the dissent about the bench. Looks quite good to me plus if we're losing by two points in the 80th minute then big wee Dunc can be relied upon to knock over a drop goal that I originally thought was going to miss and made me call him a stupid c**t* to win the match:

*drink was involved

14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

So we have a stand off on the bench who Townsend has never picked for Scotland despite him already being an international. If only we had a top class stand off to improve the team.

Weir on the bench shows how desperately we need Russell back.