Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
People lining the SRUs pocket deserve all the ridicule they get, absolutely humiliated at the world Cup after finishing second bottom of the six nations last year and you have nearly 70,000 mugs #BackingBlue so the bosses can give themselves another payrise. 

That right there at the end absolutely sums this team up, 1 minute left and Price takes 20 seconds to take a fucking box kick, get them all in the bin. 

Most of them there for a piss up tbh.

100% they all buy half and half scarfs. 

Scotland are honking. Fair play to the SRU marketing team selling the stadium out so often to watch this pish. They deserve similar crowds to the football team for the continual failures in the Six Nations.

Yeah it’s remarkable marketing from them really.

Obviously both of our rugby and football teams are poor sides, but I think you could make a good case for the rugby team being a worse team than the football team.

The consistency of their failure is quite amazing.

f**k sake. We get into their 22. Every time you know, with grim certainty, we will try to bash up with forwards and you know, with complete certainty that we will cough up a turnover after about 7 phases, yet we keep doing the same thing again and again and again and again and again. F*cking pathetic.

Townsend’s position is completely untenable. He just presided over the worst World Cup we’ve ever had with the best squad we’ve had in 20 years, somehow has the gall to carry on into the Six Nations, then we serve up this utter farce. I can’t wait to hear how we played well, it was a tight game and we’re nearly there.

We were nearly there before he took over; we’ve gone backwards since.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

Obviously both of our rugby and football teams are poor sides, but I think you could make a good case for the rugby team being a worse team than the football team.

Maybe i’m naive but i’m still convinced this Scotland team is playing well beneath themselves. They’ve shown in flashes under Cotter and Townsend their potential but never seem to turn that corner. 

Edited by Leggy Blonde

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Football team is entirely worse, rugby side actually has some promise of being able to beat a good team on their day.

Townsend is dead man walking. Defeat in Rome and he's gone. 

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Football team is entirely worse, rugby side actually has some promise of being able to beat a good team on their day.

No chance we're losing in Rome and he'll presumably get the rest of the 6 Nations but that should be it.

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

We’ll win comfortably in Rome, Italy are awful.

Awful, awful game that. England kept presenting us so many opportunities kicking it out on the full and we kept fucking it up. I know the conditions are horrible, but their line out worked effectively enough.

Beating Italy shouldn't be enough. He needs another win at the minimum. 

Part of me is hoping Finn tells Townsend and the SRU to ram it. 

Hogg has had a nightmare. Talked shit about Finn at the tournament launch. The drop in Dublin. Sold the jerseys today. Wrong decisions to go to touch  Plus two missed touches. I think a big part of it is he knows he isn't the player he was a few years ago.

Maybe i’m naive but i’m still convinced this Scotland team is playing well beneath themselves. They’ve shown in flashes under Cotter and Townsend their potential but never seem to turn that corner. 
It's a fragile mentality tbh. When they get into decent positions they panic. Thoroughly disappointing

Townsend’s position is completely untenable. He just presided over the worst World Cup we’ve ever had with the best squad we’ve had in 20 years, somehow has the gall to carry on into the Six Nations, then we serve up this utter farce. I can’t wait to hear how we played well, it was a tight game and we’re nearly there.
We were nearly there before he took over; we’ve gone backwards since.
I agree he needs to go - after the 6N.

That being said, he's not been helped by some utter brainfarts by the likes of Hogg.