Rugby Union

kiwififer

Let's not pretend that Russell is anything other than a massive miss. I understand that he's obviously breached discipline but it needs sorted. England look beatable and we need to be inventive and that's the spark you get from Russell.

Lest we forget what he has done against England in the past.

He was guaranteeing the win. He knew exactly what he was doing. 
Hmmm. Turns out he didn't know what he was doing. He thought the clock said 79.58 or 59 when he put his head in the ruck, and he assumed it would pass 80 minutes by the time he kicked it.

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2020/02/03/galthie-offers-dupont-his-glasses-after-clock-mix-up/

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hmmm. Turns out he didn't know what he was doing. He thought the clock said 79.58 or 59 when he put his head in the ruck, and he assumed it would pass 80 minutes by the time he kicked it.

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2020/02/03/galthie-offers-dupont-his-glasses-after-clock-mix-up/

I had thought he must have got the time wrong, just due to the way he was celebrating when he kicked it out. If there was over a minute left there is no way you would kick it dead. You would go for the lineout as much less likely to give away a penalty or try at a lineout on the 22 compared to a scrum on your own 5.

Edited by honestly united

In fairness we were all saying this except Detournement with his ridiculous assertion

England team for Saturday, but just like last weekend it feels like there us something there we can have a go at. England's scrum was strong at the weekend, but they may miss Marler. That fullback was honking so we need to target him, and England do look a lot less dangerous without their big ball carriers. Going to be a tough afternoon, but not a lost cause.

IMG_20200206_103917.jpg

Last year Jones got the tactics spot on in the first half. Scotland set up to deal with big runners close to the breakdown, which is Englands normal game, but Jones changed it to attack wider and we had nobody to defend as everyone was set up defending close to the breakdown, and we were 2 or 3 tries down before we changed things on the park defensively, nevermind how the attack was going.

Looking at the England team I dont htink they know how they want to play. its a small backrow by normal England standards, but having 6 forwards on the bench it looks like they are wanting to play a forward dominated game.

For Scotland I am expecting the same team as last time (although maybe starting McInally for Brown) and as long as the forwards put in the same shift as last time against Ireland then we stand a chance of winning 

Saracens fielded an ineligible player in their final group stage win over Racing92!

Hopefully similar to football the victory is awarded to the opposing team. This would then eliminate Saracens from the competition and Glasgow would take that 8th spot in the knockout stages.

Just now, Northsea80 said:

Saracens fielded an ineligible player in their final group stage win over Racing92!

Hopefully similar to football the victory is awarded to the opposing team. This would then eliminate Saracens from the competition and Glasgow would take that 8th spot in the knockout stages.

I've just seen that, something to do with his work permit expiring just before the game. I've not seen anything to suggest they are likely to be kicked out to be honest. More likely a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

It’s not being kicked out though. If they follow the football template then their result is void and they don’t qualify because they don’t have enough points.

Wishful thinking I know.
The football template of course wasn't even used in football, where Hearts fielded an ineligible player but were deducted points rather than having the result reversed to 3-0. Of course that had nothing to do with BT having the next Hearts game live on TV and it being a dead rubber had it been reversed... My own club also played an ineligible player in the Scottish Cup (he played about 2 mins in a 7-1 win or something) and the game was replayed at the other clubs ground. If anything, the football template seems to be "make it up as you go along".

16 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Precedent suggests a 4 point deduction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51415778

Money on it actually happening? 

Hopefully the million pound man Dodson will be on the case.

The only shite thing is for people who have booked travel and transport if the fixtures change.