Rugby Union

kiwififer

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, the new chairman said as much last week. I met up with my uncle and his mates last week who were up for the Exeter game, as you can imagine they fkn despise Sarries. As well as the companies set up for the players, there are rumours that some players wives had jobs at the club, with one allegedly working as a cleaner and being paid circa 100k per year.

As much as I hate Sarries, I dont know what they are suposed to do this season. They got caught out after the season had started, if they released anyone then they would have to pay up the contract which counts towards the salary cap anyway so makes no difference to the total. The only way round it would be if they could offload players to other clubs and not have to pay the remainder of the contract but thats not as easy to do mid season as players would probably not want to take a drop in earnings, and most other clubs are at the full limit of the cap anyway so dont have the room to bring expensive players in.

Edit to add - really good to se Richie Gray back next season - been out in France for a good few season, then bringing back what he's learned to Glasgow. Im hoping the likes of Hogg and Russell do the same - good few years away earning a decent wage and learning somewhere else then seeing out there carear helping bring through the youngsters

Edited by honestly united

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

As much as I hate Sarries, I dont know what they are suposed to do this season. They got caught out after the season had started, if they released anyone then they would have to pay up the contract which counts towards the salary cap anyway so makes no difference to the total. The only way round it would be if they could offload players to other clubs and not have to pay the remainder of the contract but thats not as easy to do mid season as players would probably not want to take a drop in earnings, and most other clubs are at the full limit of the cap anyway so dont have the room to bring expensive players in.

Edit to add - really good to se Richie Gray back next season - been out in France for a good few season, then bringing back what he's learned to Glasgow. Im hoping the likes of Hogg and Russell do the same - good few years away earning a decent wage and learning somewhere else then seeing out there carear helping bring through the youngsters

I'd be surprised if Finn came back to Scotland while Dodson is still there after the shite with his dad.

Real stench of the Sevcos around this Saracens thing. Systematic cheating for years, blaming everyone else for being jealous, getting pet journos to write endless pieces about their strength of character and never say die attitude and how punishing Saracens devalues the Premiership and insisting the off field issues shouldn't detract from their on field achievements. 

Turns out they've been over the salary cap by over £2m! That's 3 Finn Russell's, 5 Stuart Hoggs or Liam Williams. The other teams didn't have a chance against that.

Their squad was crazy. Half the England team, loads of other internationals plus a core of very good club level pros. Signing Elliot Daly when they were already over the cap was a massive F U to the other clubs and apparently they were also talking to Jonny May!

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season with their England players. The most likely outcome is that they will do an Alan Wyn Jones/Sean O'Brien and just play internationals for 20/21 and frame it as perfect preparation for the Lions tour. Gatland will probably lap that up. 

Bring Sean Maitland home! The SRU apparently have plenty cash. 

Agree about the Sevco comparison. Wray has definitely being dishing out the succulent lamb judging by the soft touch coverage they are getting. 

Edited by Detournement

As Roger Rocher, former president of the finest football team in France, AS Saint-Etienne, once said "Lyon will always be a suburb of Saint-Etienne"

Useless c***s.

Am I right in thinking that if Bath give Ulster a scheme booting then we are still in with a chance of 8th seed? Assuming that one of Toulouse or Racing do the business tomorrow? Also assuming we win later on.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Guest Bob Mahelp

Northampton by far the weakest team in the last 8. They simply had the luck to be in the same group as Benneton and a rubbish Lyon side. 

As Roger Rocher, former president of the finest football team in France, AS Saint-Etienne, once said "Lyon will always be a suburb of Saint-Etienne"
Useless c***s.
Am I right in thinking that if Bath give Ulster a scheme booting then we are still in with a chance of 8th seed? Assuming that one of Toulouse or Racing do the business tomorrow? Also assuming we win later on.
Bath won't win in Ulster unfortunately. Really up to your nemesis Racing to do us a favour

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
20 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:
Useless c***s.

Bath won't win in Ulster unfortunately. Really up to your nemesis Racing to do us a favour

Up to both Toulouse and Racing to not lose if Bath don't win and we don't get a BP win.

I'd rather not have to want Racing 92 to win at all.